Bennett's War Reviews

• Dec 02, 2020

Such a great story which highlights some of the difficulties our military service members struggle with returning from a war especially with injuries (although some are not visible). Enough emotion to make you love the characters and fall in love with the story! Of course there is some predictability, but you wouldn't want the film to end any other way. Michael Roark is phenomenal in this role and I look forward to seeing more of his work!!!

• Oct 24, 2020

This movie will be loved by cinephiles but less so by the average moviegoer. This New-England folktale has a slow, moody build with a poor payoff. They do a good job of staying true to the puritan history, language, costumes, and settings. The acting is decent from the older cast, especially the eldest daughter and father but the youngest cast (acting and script) almost takes away from the cleverness of the film. There are no real scares except for the creepiness of it all but, the ending was a huge letdown for me and ruined the whole film. There are some artistic and creative moments for this film but all-in-all I wouldn't recommend this movie to the average horror/thriller audience, more for a fill buff IMHO.

• Jul 11, 2020

Fantastic inspirational movie, great story and great cast! Must watch!

Fantastic inspirational movie, great story and great cast! Must watch!

• May 28, 2020

It's actually a really well made fun film, wasn't expecting it, I was expecting some bum fuck Alabama hillybillys. But it is hell back from it's true potential by someone dabbing at 1:22;35 in the crowd. It's the biggest dad dab and i feel uncomfortable Also they should have put like highway to hell and back in black when Bennett was just lapping all the shitters in the first race And I just finished it, the ending is a bit dead, may be because I'm fried now but the acting in that interview bit was a bit sus, and the bit when he goes under the baddy was a bit bodgy. Coming back to this and they should have put some good music during the driving. Imagine it's like highway to hell when he's just overtaking all the shitters at the beginning races

• May 07, 2020

Misrepresentation of the Afghan war completely. Terrible to take advantage of service members by making a sham of a movie. Nothing, I say again, nothing is correct in this "movie".

• May 06, 2020

This sports drama was really good. Ali Afshar, Michael Roark, Allison Paige, Trace Adkins, and the rest of the cast did a fantastic job in this movie. The plot to the movie was dramatic and inspirational. It's about defying the odds and fighting for your family. This is a movie for everyone. If you haven't seen this movie yet, I suggest that you check it out sometime. It's a must see.

• Jan 17, 2020

Predictable and formulaic yet uplifting and heartfelt. An engaging movie.

Predictable and formulaic yet uplifting and heartfelt. An engaging movie.

• Dec 07, 2019

Bennett's War is inspirational and exhilarating with its storytelling. It is buoyed by unique performances and apt cinematography. The movie is a worthwhile watch in theaters at full price. The film follows Marshall Bennett (Michael Roark), a riding prodigy who rode for the Army Ranger Motorcycle Unit. One accident cost him a broken back and leg. After being medically discharged, he is told that one more accident could mean he may never walk again. When he gets home to his family farm, he discovers that his dad Cal (Trace Adkins) is behind in the mortgage and may lose the farm. All odds in his way, Bennett pledges to help his family by doing the one thing he does best, get back on his bike and ride. Michael Roark, as Marshall, triumphantly portrays the hero. His love for bikes and service for the military add inspirational layers for all to follow. His honor to help his dad is also extremely touching. Roark well rounds all these angles with nuance. Trace Adkins, as Cal, soars with his deep, gravelly voice adding character. The scene with Allison Paige who plays Sophie, Marshall's wife, and Cal is my favorite scene in the movie. In this scene, Sophie is worried about Marshall participating in motor cross racing. Cal's speech of his wife, who was a fighter pilot, is full of emotion and stellar acting between the two. Allison Paige also steals the show with a relatable romance and dedication to help Marshall. My favorite character in the movie is Ali Afshar's Cyrus. Afshar is uniquely hilarious, and his back story with Marshall adds an interesting mentor dynamic. Hunter Clowdus and Brando Eaton, as Chris and Kurt Walker, are formidable foes challenging Marshall with their macho appearance and physical prowess. Alex Ranirevelo directs with fast-paced racing scenes being the main highlight. All the stunts are 100% real, adding the layer of excitement. Nowadays everything is too CGI and, it's good to see old school approaches like this. The flaws are in some rushed character development, especially as Sophie agrees with Marshall's decision to race. Also, some of the special effects during the war scenes are not very impressive. Despite this, they are short and serve to develop Marshall better in the long run. The message of this film is about never giving up. Marshall moves forward from his injuries to pursue what he loves doing and to pay off bills. I give this film 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 10 to 18, due to brief war scenes and language. Reviewed by Arjun N., KIDS FIRST! Film Critic. For more reviews by kids of films for kids, visit kidsfirst dot org.

• Nov 20, 2019

it is great movie lots of action and thrills...

it is great movie lots of action and thrills...

• Nov 17, 2019

Bennett's War finally provides motorcross fans with a more enjoyable story and some great in-race footage however the incredibly cliched dialogue can't elevate this movie past anything but mediocre. That being said, its still a harmless view and a better option than the horrendous Supercross from 2005.