Berserk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Berserk Reviews

September 10, 2016
Berserk is my all time favourite anime
August 5, 2016
There are 2 things in this critic; the history and the screenplayer. The history is great . Full of passion, love, anger. But the screen play is not the best.. I have see this anime many times
May 7, 2016
There is no other. There is no equal.
½ April 23, 2015
Intense, unflinching, and engaging. Berserk is a character study as much as it's a violent tale of medieval warfare and fantasy horror. A must watch.
April 19, 2015
This isn't even a movie but a great anime series.
December 9, 2014
Atmospheric, tense , and dark.
July 31, 2013
A truly polarizing work. You will either love this show or hate it, but at the end of the day Berserk stands as a beautiful (water colored backgrounds), and thematically powerful piece. The series takes it's time to really gain traction, but if you have the tenacity to make it through episode 26 (without someone spoiling the series for you) you'll limp away changed.
June 9, 2013
that's a excelent work for low budget anime series, i got impressed with their animation technic. The voice work is great even in english( i still feel a little bad we don't have berserk in portuguese dub here in Brasil ) However, i thought they would going to show a little more... I only think this ending really sucks... if they had more money they could probably make another season following the line of the manga.
May 18, 2013
Very interesting, ultraviolent anime with uncommon themes, excellent weirdness, and an appropriately esoteric soundtrack.
May 11, 2013
Parádní anime ze st?edov?ku, které si potrpí na reálnou vizuální stránku a p?esv?d?ivé souboje. Ty jsou brutální, krvavé, dokonalé. Druhý díl trilogie je o velkých bitvách, t?etí u mi trochu p?ipomn?l koncem NGE, ale bylo to mén? abstraktní a více psycho. Prost? doporu?uju!
March 9, 2013
Simply put this is a masterwork.
½ January 9, 2013
It starts of as an epic medieval tale then goes off the deep end into a supernatural hell. Bizarre and captivating, it made me read the manga.
November 21, 2012
I don't think there will ever be anything so beautiful as this series, I am so glad we will finally see the continuation. It took many years since the series, but I think it will worth the waiting. The story is amazing, all the characters are, and I love hand drawn anime, I guess many others love it as well.
August 12, 2012
Loved the older animation, loved the story & of course the action!!! Kept me glued to my seat!!!
July 19, 2012
GREAT ANIME!!!!!! If u like the manga you might be a little disappointed since they cut out a couple of parts, but if u are new to this series and are considering to watch a very good anime with a lot of action, adventure, excitement, and amazing story. Then you have to watch Berserk!!!!
½ June 4, 2012
Watched the new updated version and loved it!! Still the original reigns supreme. I glad however that they are keeping these classics alive for a new audience to enjoy. I'm hoping for more of these. What about rebooting Hellsing or Cowboy Bebop? Watch Guts take on hordes of Men and Demons yet again.
May 29, 2012
"MAN HAS NO CONTROL... EVEN OVER HIS OWN WILL."

Usually I do not like character development, but that's all this animated series is (it unfortunately did not continue despite the fan base).

"A friend is someone who has his own dream and strives to make it come true. And if someone tries to destroy his dream, he will try to destroy that person. Even if... that person is myself. For me, a friend is someone who is on my level."

Hands down, this has the most intense cliff hanger ending I have ever seen in any film or TV series. If you're the type who loves to have their stories come to some form of closure/resolution, the last episode may make you lose your shit.

"If you are to make it all the way to the castle... you will need to pave your path with many more stones..."
½ April 22, 2012
Hardcore loner gets attached to destined ruler of currently marauding band of mercenaries with a really weird charm. Supernatural encounters and unrealistically large sword. Manga was even more hardcore. Writer might die before he finishes story.
January 27, 2012
I have complete watching the whole 25 series.Like I said before, this anime series is really good,interesting plot,brutal,memorable background music and nice old animation.Masterpiece!!There's a mistake on the date,it actually released in the year of 1997.
December 14, 2011
It might be not so interesting at the beginning, but when it opens the heart for you then it's almost impossible to stop watching it. Many pluses from me to this animation film:

- Story written very well
- animations are beautiful
- Voice acting made okay

Only thing is...
IT NEVER CONTINUES! D':
Well it goes to the comic book, but still that's horrible thing to do!

- I wan't to be Guts :)