Besieged - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Besieged Reviews

½ August 9, 2009
Very surreal film about the amazing ways one can learn to love.
½ August 3, 2009
I not sure if I really hated it, or just kinda hated it. It was.. boring, and supposed to be a love story, although I felt NO love between these people..
½ August 1, 2009
good movie. use music to express the emotion
½ July 29, 2009
Foreign awareness movie. See Roger Ebert's opinion.
½ June 12, 2009
I had a few problems with the cinematography and plot of this movie, but overall I thought it was a decent film.
May 11, 2009
L'assedio (1998) di Bernardo Bertolucci, con Thandie Newton, David Thewlis, Claudio Santamaria
April 21, 2009
Who would have guessed that the best film from the Italian master Bernardo Bertolucci is also actually one of his least known. From the day i saw Il Conformista, i just knew Bertolucci is one of the greatest, and when i saw Last Tango in Paris i was just blown away. That film had huge influence on me back in those years. Nothing still quite preapared me for this film. I knew that besieged was film i needed to see in bertolucci's filmography, but i just could not know that it would be one of the greatest cinematical experiences i've had in my whole life. Bertolucci has alway knew how to use camera, colours and music, and all those elements are in such wonderful balance here. Besieged is one of those rare films that just keeps you guessing where it will take you next. Actions of the characters cannot just be predicted. At the first sight this film may seem like romantic drama, but there are truly big issues beneath the surface. Bertolucci even teases us with moments of building tension, brilliantly shot while piano performance and uncertain mood of dread and eerie use of elevator shaft. The whole film feels that it takes place in a hallucinatory dream. You simply cannot trust your eyes. I also need to mention one thing about the performances of Thandie newton and David Thewlis, they are simply outstanding. If you wanna see true artist at the peak of his career look no further. Besieged is one of the greatest films ever to be made. A True masterpiece.
½ April 14, 2009
Really good imagery and technique. Good conveyance of feelings with a little dialogue. Quite sad and sensual at times. Bertolucci is GREAT!
shesdownbytheriver
April 10, 2009
No thanks - Not interested
½ March 3, 2009
Titolo italiano: L'assedio
January 12, 2009
i love the color composition in this movie and the focus on the hands reflecting the emotions of the people. a dramatic bertolucci movie.
December 28, 2008
Each frame creates a beautiful picture. The colors and the contrasts are mesmerizing and the music is perfect. One of those flawless movies....
½ December 26, 2008
Beautifully filmed and intriguingly plotted this Bertolucci offering is a beguiling watch. Excellent performances from David Thewlis and Thandie Newton do the material justice.
September 3, 2008
the best movie maybe
½ September 1, 2008
Great characters, setting and pace. Another excellent movie from Bertolucci.
August 23, 2008
Always marvelous to watch, Thandie Newton is the main attraction, but there are plenty of other beauties in Bertollucci's delicate portrait of a woman estranged from her culture.
August 5, 2008
i have just one thing to say: PIANO PLAYERS........
½ July 22, 2008
really good, passionated and romance, and strugle and a weird pianist
July 8, 2008
How to tell stories without words...
½ June 15, 2008
there was a time I got in a theater without checking what was on... It starts, a bertolucci film!! My 1st!!
there have been years but I still remember without effects or anything to impress you get out happy to have seen an impressively well set and directed movie, moving around Love!! I still remember the feeling... more than the story itself!!