Best Friends - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Best Friends Reviews

½ June 11, 2016
A friendship turns sour when a Hollywood couple tie the knot.
½ May 23, 2016
The type of film you wish Burt didn't make. Here, two best friends and lovers tie the knot and then can't make it through visits to their respective parents' houses without the relationship falling apart. A couple scenes raised an eyebrow, the brushing off of Goldie's father's attempt to sexually assault the maid and Burt grabbing Goldie by the neck and forcing her head out a window in an argument.
½ February 13, 2016
gr8 2c some late career performances from keenan wynn & jessica tandy good com-dram
January 5, 2013
This hidden gem from the 80's features two superstars in their prime. Hilarious and bittersweet, I loved every second.
July 25, 2012
at least burt reynolds was in it.
½ December 6, 2011
This movie needs to be re-released and marketed on DVD. I still quote this one! Perhaps in a box set with The Story of Us??
½ September 23, 2011
I remember seeing this back in 1982 and thought I'd rewatch it. Not one of director Norman Jewison's best films but interesting take on screenwriters Barry Levinson and Valerie Curtain's real life relationship (which ended around the time this movie came out.) Burt Reynolds and Goldie Hawn are good but it's the supporting cast that really steals most of the scenes. Most notable for the brilliant song "How Do You Keep The Music Playing?" by Michel Legrand and Alan & Marilyn Bergman and sung by Patti Austin & James Ingram.
May 15, 2011
This movie works and Jessica Tandy is a hoot!
January 11, 2011
An okay realistic family drama movie about marriage. If you ask me, it's too realistic, so much so that it's boring. Overall it's okay, though.
January 5, 2011
This movie has some good, funny, dramatic scenes, but for the rest of the movie it's predictable, boring, and unfunny. I'm not sure that Reynolds and Hawn made a good team in this movie either. The rest of the cast was good, and very realistic, but the two of them not so much. This movie starts to get dull and feels long by about the middle of the film. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are a big fan of one of them.
October 10, 2010
It wasn't a comedy, and it wasn't quite a drama. It was more like one large depression spiral of how two people can ultimately make each other unhappy no matter what they do. The music, which was Oscar nominated, was so sappy and 80's tinted that it drove me bananas, and Burt Reynolds was not his usual self confident self, but some tame invalid. Overall, it was very disappointing.
March 4, 2010
I love this movie. It has one of my favorite lines.
January 27, 2010
Not a bad romantic comedy, though it weakens toward the end.
June 18, 2009
It seems like Goldie Hawn stars in mostly romantic movies!! Now I wanna c like all the movies she's been in:)
June 18, 2009
If your married then you must watch this movie, Goldie Hawn and Burt Reynolds are so hilarious......MRS ROPER from THREES COMPANY plays as( Burts mom)..Audra Lindley.who knew she could act!LOL
March 4, 2009
salah! salah masukin
November 20, 2008
Funny but goes on too long...
½ November 2, 2008
½ September 19, 2008
Ok, I know this is a "B" movie for sure. But I loved it and if it's on TV when I'm scanning what's on, I will stop to watch the movie. Favorite part: after a huge fight Goldie is on the floor sobbing, Bert tries to act as if he couldn't care - she says 'you know what is the worst part about all this? I want to talk to my best friend about what is wrong - but I can't because you are my best friend and you are whats wrong" tugs at the heart. Funny families too - I can relate to each.
½ September 12, 2008
It was ok, and had a few laughs.