Best Kept Secret - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Best Kept Secret Reviews

May 15, 2016
I loved this documentary. It exposes an issue that our society needs to be more about. Well directed and inspiring.
October 9, 2015
a sad and so true documentary about schooling and education and then how some students fall thru the cracks...this is about a primarily autistic school and the problems their families face as they graduate high school and are pushed into the world.
½ July 19, 2015
Brilliantly told and eye opening film. Janet Mino is a saint.
May 10, 2015
best documentary I have ever seen.
February 9, 2015
I would suggest this movie to anyone and everyone. Although this movie was a bit depressing in that there were not (and are not) many resources available for post high school special needs young adults, I give this documentary two thumbs up. I also love how dedicated the teacher, Ms. Mino, was at searching out and finding resources for her students. She certainly went above and beyond for her students, and I wish that all special needs students had a teacher like her. Watch this documentary, you will not be disappointed!
April 12, 2014
This is one of the best documentaries of the decade! It also is a sad look at special ed and low income families who are reliant on the education system to help raise and care for their children with needs. These families dread the day that their children become adults and the supports of the education system are removed. It is a must see for everyone in the US!
December 2, 2013
Thank you for making this movie.
October 6, 2013
An extraordinarily moving film that contrasts the power of optimism and dedication with the hard, cold reality of young adults dealing with autism.
½ September 25, 2013
A wonderful, moving movie. Incredible insight into what it means to teach a severely autistic young adult -- and to do everything possible so that the young adult can continue learning and thriving after "aging" out of school.
September 25, 2013
This documentary is important because it redirects the discussion on autism to be that is about autistic adults themselves, not the petty interests of the scienftic community,
September 25, 2013
THE most MUST SEE documentary that you didn't know you needed to watch.
September 6, 2013
A wonderful look inside the educational world of a group of autistic students and their teachers. Sometimes touching. Sometimes sad. The film makes no effort to pull in outside experts or other interested parties. The story is about the students and the teachers who work tirelessly with and for them. Truly a must see.