Best Kept Secret Reviews

• May 10, 2018

A heartbreaking look at how autistic adults, especially those who are poor, fall through the cracks. They can't work. They can't live independently. They're too old for school. If they're lucky, a family member will take care of them. But many are left to fend for themselves. Robbed by scam artists. Sexually molested by predators. Locked up in prison because there's nowhere else for them to go. The solution is investing in universal healthcare and a social welfare network, but Americans are way too cheap and ignorant to do that. The right to life, liberty and happiness only exists if you're rich.

• May 15, 2016

I loved this documentary. It exposes an issue that our society needs to be more about. Well directed and inspiring.

• Oct 09, 2015

a sad and so true documentary about schooling and education and then how some students fall thru the cracks...this is about a primarily autistic school and the problems their families face as they graduate high school and are pushed into the world.

• Jul 19, 2015

Brilliantly told and eye opening film. Janet Mino is a saint.

Brilliantly told and eye opening film. Janet Mino is a saint.

• May 10, 2015

best documentary I have ever seen.

best documentary I have ever seen.

• Apr 12, 2014

This is one of the best documentaries of the decade! It also is a sad look at special ed and low income families who are reliant on the education system to help raise and care for their children with needs. These families dread the day that their children become adults and the supports of the education system are removed. It is a must see for everyone in the US!

• Feb 04, 2014

I would suggest this movie to anyone and everyone. Although this movie was a bit depressing in that there were not (and are not) many resources available for post high school special needs young adults, I give this documentary two thumbs up. I also love how dedicated the teacher, Ms. Mino, was at searching out and finding resources for her students. She certainly went above and beyond for her students, and I wish that all special needs students had a teacher like her. Watch this documentary, you will not be disappointed!

• Oct 06, 2013

An extraordinarily moving film that contrasts the power of optimism and dedication with the hard, cold reality of young adults dealing with autism.

• Sep 25, 2013

A wonderful, moving movie. Incredible insight into what it means to teach a severely autistic young adult -- and to do everything possible so that the young adult can continue learning and thriving after "aging" out of school.

• Sep 25, 2013

This documentary is important because it redirects the discussion on autism to be that is about autistic adults themselves, not the petty interests of the scienftic community,