Best of the Best 3: No Turning Back - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Best of the Best 3: No Turning Back Reviews

April 10, 2016
One of favorite martial arts movies...
March 23, 2015
I suppose I should review these as well to get the series complete. These are the adventures of the traveling Tommy Lee/Philip Rhee, who is dedicated to being badass everywhere and all the time. The Neo Nazi Ku Klux Klan redneck skinhead racists fall completely flat. Maybe you could get away with these storylines in a very serious and well researched drama movie, but in the context of a dumb action movie it just seems forced and clichéd. The action is mostly shooting. There's plenty of it, but that's not what I watch a Best of the Best movie for. Mostly it just seems Philip Rhee was trying to build up his resume as an action star, and this was the only title under which they'd let him do it.

This was also Philip's directional and writing debut. And as a movie making effort, it's really not that bad. But the story is the wrong blend of dumb and serious and it's simply not the movie I wanted to see under this title. Well, at least it's not just white guys saving the black guys from other white guys, I guess it's a start for anti-racism movies that an Asian character gets to kick everybody's asses.

All in all a low point in the franchise. Not badly made, not dull enough to shut off halfway through, but not exactly the best of the best.
October 2, 2014
another supermarket DVD 2.99 DVD combo pack purchase. only wanna see it because Gina Gershon is in it
May 22, 2014
Tommy visits his sister in small town and welcomed by the local chapter of a white supremicist group, who killed the Baptist minister and ruined the town picnic. Entry charts a different course for the series but Eric Roberts and Chris Penn are certainly missed; although Gershon makes up for some of what is lost. Rhee also co-produces and directs.
½ September 10, 2013
This wasn't a bad mid 90's direct to video action sequel. I have seen far worse than this but have seen alot better also. I think Phillip Rhee deserved a better career than he ended up having. Gina Gershon is sexy as always. Chris Mcdonald (That Guy aka.Shooter McGavin) and Dee Wallace (ET's Mom) show up for a paycheck and that's it. The whole racism murder mystery thing kinda threw me off when I watched this back in 1996. I soon got past that and really enjoyed this movie for what it was,decent low budget direct to video action movie. This would go nicely in a 4 pack with the other 3 Best of the best films.
½ October 27, 2012
Tommy Lee visits his sister in a town with a ridiculously high number of white supremists whose compound has so many weapons, one wonders how they haven't attracted the attention of the FBI. Ending is a bit much but Gina Gershon always a plus.
June 18, 2011
This really should never have happened what it has to do with the best of the best series i have no idea.Heck they even added a sister for rhee's character when in the 1st film were told his one and only sibling is a dead brother! Of course what they've done is get a script and add the name to the title hoping we wouldnt notice. Guess it sells a few more copys.

anyway after all that this film has every right to be dreadful, it should be but for some strange reason it really isnt that bad! maybe its me having a soft spot for phillip rhee i ignore the blatent rubbishness of the film? The plots rubbish lets be fair, racist in a small town cause havoc, luckly mr lee visiting his sister(?) so he can beat them up alot the best being dressed as a weird looking clown at a fair!great stuff/ thats the film everytime they start a bit of trouble he beats them up some more until...........
........He beats up the main baddy so much that all the racists realise the error of there ways!!!!! come on how great is that!
Look i know people will watch it and say its dreadful...but i cant i had fun with it dispite the acting being shocking in places and the plot making not much sense. I enjoyed it so sod it!!! Just wish eric roberts made a return!
½ June 9, 2011
Best of Best 3: In Name Only
Remember how in the original Best of the Best Phillip Rhee and Eric Roberts banded together to confront racism in a small southern town? Me neither. Anyway, I guess for a recycled Steven Seagal script it's not terrible or anything. I mean it's got Shooter McGavin and Gina Gershon, that's somethin'.
May 14, 2011
Great 'bird and 'bans!
½ January 10, 2011
Its so bad I wanted to give this 5 stars
½ December 30, 2010
Gina Gershon and Nazi death...only redeeming qualities...oh and Kane Hodder's third appearance in the series...
½ December 29, 2010
Loosely based on a video game...wouldn't recommend it
March 17, 2010
This story goes for Tommy Lee (played by Phillip Rhee) only as I was disappointed without his good friend, Alex Grady in this third film. Rhee, who also made his debut directional, goes it alone to face off against a band of white supremacists who hold the town in a grip of terror.
The acting and direction are seriously questionable but this film is obviously about fight scenes and they are entertaining enough, from the moment we see Gina Gershon's house is full of glass tables, flimsy bookcases and china filled cabinets we know we are in for a treat.
½ August 30, 2009
June 19, 2009
Awesome &action packed
½ June 12, 2009
Not AS good as the first two films in the series but it does have it's own special charm. Rather than being the "Best of the best" in this one, Philip Rhee is more like a terminatory - kicking the crap out of racist, white-pride deadbeats. Well worth a watch as it's a polished action film.
March 9, 2009
This had nothing to do with the other films except one character. Poorly written, it all doesn't make much sense. Over the top! It was unintentionally funny as well. At least Phillip Rhee puts on good fight scenes, he's build pretty solid too! He likes to show it off since he only wears muscle tops i the film.
January 13, 2009
Despite the fact is seriously racist it ok, i mean the first 2 are better but this entertained me no end.
June 15, 2008
By the time this one came out it was the Phillip Rhee show...Produced, Directed, Written & Starring...Not as good as the first two, but still a decent matrial arts movie. Seeing fouy guys get their asses kicked by a man in Clown shoes is probably one of the highlights of this film. This should have been the last film in the series...
February 28, 2008
Caught this on Encore the other night and I have to say that there should not have been another Best of the Best after the second one (or the first, depending on who you ask). Gone is the tournament and instead Phillip Rhee and Christopher McDonald must fight hilarious neo-Nazis in podunk America. The racial unity message is embarrassing, but I guess that's to be expected. The villains are all ridiculous, but they ride motorcycles, which is something I always love in revenge flicks. You'd also think they'd know better than to mess with a built Asian man who continues to beat them up, but I guess not.

Not much else to say about this other than the ending was particularly stupid. Apparently the neo-Nazi leader is able to match the martial arts skills of Rhee and once defeated, all the other neo-Nazis step out of the way for the superior Asian man. Uh huh.