Best Worst Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Best Worst Movie Reviews

½ November 24, 2016
A surprising and bittersweet doc that will certainly appeal more to those out there who share the same strange fascination for this unexpected cult phenomenon (me included), even if it simplifies the reason for its shocking success into simple matters of being entertaining.
September 11, 2016
A very funny, beautiful film about an unintentionally funny, horrible film. This totally made my day.
½ May 29, 2016
Pretty great little doc about the cult following behind the train wreck that is Troll 2. Fascinating journey. Far more entertaining than the actual movie...
½ April 10, 2016
A decent enough documentary about the cult behind Troll 2, it's a little odd at times but its fun to see where the cast and crew came from and went. At some points it gets a little awkward. The movie is a love letter to the fans, and shows that there is a little worth to every movie.
March 6, 2016
Only bad thing I can say is there should have been more. A whole lot more.
February 29, 2016
A good documentary about the people involved with Troll 2. Surprisingly touching at times, and very interesting to see where these people ended up, and what they're really like.
December 5, 2015
As a fan of Troll 2 and other absolute pieces of dog shit cinema, this was something up my alley. It follows one of the main characters who is now a dentist. He's definitely a character and oozes a certain 'je ne sais' which few people have and makes this documentary immensely entertaining. Basically follows the cult that has developed around the film through small showings. They track down the majority of the people involved and you either get 'this person is crazy', 'that is incredibly sad', or 'what a pompous asshole'. Does start to drag a bit by the end, but overall, quite enjoyable. Also, didn't realize Myspace was still a thing.
November 22, 2015
A delightful look at the impact of Troll 2 on its cast, crew and fans!
November 14, 2015
A charming look at one group's belated 15 minutes of fame.
September 12, 2015
Best Worst Movie is a fascinating exploration of the cult phenomenon that has arisen around the B-horror film Troll 2. Centered around small-town dentist and Troll 2 star George Hardy, the documentary follows his journey as he discovers the underground cult following that the film has generated and attends several midnight screenings around the country, along with a couple of horror movie conventions, all building to a cast reunion and on-location screening where Troll 2 was shot. Additionally, various fans and film critics are interviewed, and discuss how they found the film and why it resonates with audiences. Yet the filmmakers are dutiful to show that Troll 2's appeal is rather limited to a select audience that appreciates B-movies, and that most of the cast and crew acknowledge how bad the film is. Providing an interesting look at how a "bad movie" can gain a life of its own, Best Worst Movie is incredibly compelling.
August 29, 2015
I've seen Troll 2 and it really is bad, I don't get why some people are dedicating so much of their time repeat watching it, and this documentary didn't really explain it. You just come away with the impression that the fans are weirdos who think they are admired for their odd taste in movies. What this documentary is worth watching for, however, is for the seeing what happened to the cast of Troll 2. You can conduct some serious psychological character study into the director, and several of the cast members, who have clearly always been (or have gone) weird. Some of them actually think that Troll 2 was a good film and can't understand why people call it the worst movie ever made. Put them in a room with a conference of people who are celebrating it's atrocious production values and watch what happens. This part of the film is fascinating. Oh what Werner Herzog could have done with these subjects I ponder.
Isaac
July 14, 2015
A fascinating examination of an underground cultural phenomenon, Best Worst Movie offers up a surprising amount of pathos -- though its bloated runtime means it tends towards repetition during its second half.
March 30, 2015
Amazing tribute. Very moving. One of the greatest documentaries I've seen. Deserves more recognition.
March 13, 2015
A thing of true beauty.
February 8, 2015
"Listen my son, if it is the horror that you wish to make. You must show the people what it is that they most fear"

"Like terrorism?"

"No my son, like sincerity"
November 26, 2014
Ironic how a documentary about an extreamly low budget film can end up feeling equally low budget and so determined to make Troll 2 look like the sensation it may or may not be, aparently depending on your "craziness" as the people involved in the movie seem to point out. Just like the movie it talks about, the documentary is bizzarre, and people may or may not like it mostly depending on the view they have on the film. Still, the documentary is pretty much average and it rarely provides anything new or interesting besides Troll 2s audience saying in a very heartwarming way how the movie is terrible but incredible at ther same time. The documentary just doesnt seem to catch up to the hype that the film has ctreated, as it exposes and exposes the subject, but rarely does anything else to make it feel as special as it should.
October 13, 2014
great documentary about a terrible movie, the interviews with the director are weirdly inspiring
September 24, 2014
Great documentary about the movie that is so bad it's good
August 26, 2014
Eh, just glorifying Troll 2
August 16, 2014
Interesting story - made me want to actually watch Troll 2, but I haven't quite got round to it yet! Some nice contrasting dark and light sides of the 'personalities' involved in Troll 2.