Bestiaire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bestiaire Reviews

February 16, 2014
If you love animals you will love this
½ June 30, 2013
...... Je ne saurais trop à qui recommander ce drôle d'hybride entre documentaire et film..... Ces longs plans séquence (sans musique ni dialogue) sur les enclos des animaux du Parc Safari à travers les saisons, m'a porté à réfléchir sur le rapport qu'à l'homme à l'animal et vice versa..... Audacieux (comme à l'habitude pour DENIS CÔTÉ), mais peut-être même important.
March 9, 2013
This is a beautiful and disturbing movie. It's heartbreaking seeing animals quietly (and sometimes not so quietly) suffering in captivity. Although they are well looked after and fed, they are demonstrably restless, confused and bored.

One comes away with a sense that humans aren't so much cruel to these animals as nonchalant and thoughtless.
February 24, 2013
Really disturbing. I wasn't prepared for it.
December 6, 2012
Bestiaire is not a traditional movie in the sense that there is a logical start, middle and ending although the changes in the seasons acts like one in a way. Here we have Parc Safari, a favourite place for me as a child and what we are doing is observing the animals. While they are aware of the camera, they are not obsessed with it like a person might be. So we get to see them "raw" and acting in all sorts of manners to the enclosures that they are put in throughout the year.
½ April 8, 2012
Vu hier au Beaubien. Beau film, très contemplatif, non narratif, à mi-chemin entre le film expérimental et le documentaire. Ceux qui ont détesté "Curling" vont encore plus haïr!