Better Living Through Chemistry Reviews

• Sep 19, 2020

I was surprised that this movie received a low score on both critic and audience as it really is a great film. Sam Rockwell captures the lead role and brings a sense of humor to this dark comedy. His role as a pharmacist is believable and the transformation of the character was spot on. With Olivia Wilde as his sidekick the movie dives deep into real life issues in a comedic way that's not over the top or glamorizing. Sam Rockwell is somewhere between Albert Hoffman and William Russ as Alan Matthews. With an all star cast and plot this movie is a great pick if your looking for a surreal dark comedy with the wittiness of Sam Rockwell.

• May 22, 2020

Better living through chemistry has a great cast and a funny premise but the execution is a bit bland. I was constantly hoping the movie it be funnier than what it was it take chances but it never did. As it is it’s an OK little film but it’s not nearly as funny and the script is not nearly as good as it could’ve been.

• Mar 19, 2020

Aunque el guión pudo estar bien así como la actuación de los protagonistas, es demasiado light, aunque con moraleja, vale la pena verla por Olivia Wilde, es una reina.

• Nov 06, 2018

This film was almost good.

This film was almost good.

• Feb 26, 2017

Juoneltaan yllätyksellinen elokuva lääkkeiden väärinkäytöstä.

Juoneltaan yllätyksellinen elokuva lääkkeiden väärinkäytöstä.

• Dec 29, 2016

'You can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone. '

'You can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone. '

• Nov 05, 2016

Sometimes you can transit in life in much older age... At least the acting is good.

• Jun 08, 2016

Witty and different.

Witty and different.

• May 27, 2016

Fun if at times frenetic. Rockwell is perfect. I was left a bit uneasy by the ending even though it rounded everything off nicely. This is like an updated 40s romantic thriller with a comedy thrown in.

• Apr 02, 2016

holding back on disappointment when you have much to look forward to. Respinsibility to treat people with their illnesses when you have your own that hasn't been treated. When some doors open for us, others close. When we don't know what is the matter, or the solution to what ales us, we don't always find the answer in pills, and completely understand we hate what we do, not ethical stand point, but there not being no thrill. When somethings don't change, when we are similar to our father, when we need a regular checkup when things go wrong. When dealing with plenty of people whom are sick, we are immune, but some symptoms we are not when we already had a dose of it, and addicted. When we are not supposed to get high on our own supply, than we do. When a pill makes a care free, alive and what we needed all along. When we need to escape it all, and that is part of the solution and problem. When always being well known and seen to people that don't matter, to being seen by those who do matter and others whom matter but don't see, it leads us to a different gateway. A place to hide, fool around and get in trouble without being caught. When breaking the rules, means we are dead all over again. When we have to account for everything we use and do. When what we don't see, we are careless about. And what we see we don't have we care alot more not getting caught. When what ales us, we share in common with others that we both share a common hatred over the things, people that make life living extra more painful and miserable and not worth living. When all we need is an escape from conformity, rules and the law that we need to show we prefer breaking them is extra more enjoyable. When it's our own establishment then it's alright by the books. When we share something else in common with others that solves our problems, even when we are cheating the process, but we could care less when we are enjoying life to the fullest, that we are living the dream and fantasy with. When we are straying away from our self to deeper troubles and greater problems that we come face to face with whom we ending someone else's life. When life is just a big misunderstanding and mistake that we share in something in common with someone else that solves our problem from happening. When we have greater responsibilities to not think our answer from from a pill, our urges, our victories and overcoming obstacles that it stares us in the face in whom relies on us to do our job, be a man, be a father, be honest. When we realuze that its not too late to change evrtything around, and not let anyone down, we ultimately wish all our problems would instantly go away. Whether its too late or impissible, we see everything coming to an end, until a stroke of luck finds our way that changes everything. When we have a greater responsibility that we are part of a community and worldly order that makes the world go round. When other people's problems don't have such luck, that their problem can't go away. When not all problems are fixable, and need an escape. When we are friends and continuing friends even when it ends, to know that change is for good sometimes and the solution to our problems. When doing our job, we can lead others to a gateway to something much more. When doing our job, it's a place where everyone knows where to turn to and know you are there, when they need help for what ales them.