Between Love & Goodbye - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Between Love & Goodbye Reviews

July 18, 2012
A combination of happy and sad film. A very romantic film.
February 8, 2012
i love this movie.. there's no boring episode on it..
January 30, 2012
I had to struggle to finish it. Overall one of the worst films I've seen. The last minute was the best part. Kyle dying was sad, the only emotion I felt throughout the film, but even that wasn't very strong. NOT recommended.
February 23, 2011
This movie was so cute.. But why do all of the cutest ones have to end in tragedy? I guess they like making me cry. :(
February 7, 2011
This movie is interesting. It deals with the ups and downs that a relationship brings.
½ October 13, 2010
The tragic story of what can happen when you start to believe others that try to get inbetween a relationship
½ April 18, 2010
With better acting and dialogue, this film might not have been half bad.
April 4, 2010
This was a really sad movie. It captures the downward spiral of a once happy relationship as it crumbles to pieces. It is an all too familiar story, but the way that it was told was very sad and emotional. I recommend this movie to those who wish to see how much damage you can do to someone during a breakup if you act selfishly and childishly, simply because you are hurt.
January 30, 2010
After spending a good deal of time frustrated with the plot, the ending is not cathartic. It leaves one with a sort of cold closure, not satisfied with the ending, but relieved that an ending came. Justin Tensen's performance is good and Jane Elliott is serviceable in her role, but the rest of the portrayals lack the depth required for any true character connections to form.
½ January 24, 2010
Must see. Two guys in love get interrupted by the closest relative of one of the guys. What jealousy can lead to.
December 22, 2009
I loved this movie. I thought it was so romantic and just perfect, it was like aww the whole time. But when the troubles began it made me sad. I watched it twice cause I liked it so much. The music for this was amazing also. I wish there was a soundtrack.
½ September 16, 2009
I thought it was depressing and melodramatic. The writing was poor. Decent cast especially the guy that played the tranny. He was great.
September 3, 2009
great characters and acting, but a painful tragedy of love.
½ August 30, 2009
I like this movie. The start of it was kinda high school but toward the end i sat up and really got into the movie. I love his french acsecnt. I also like the short film they have on the DVD as a extra. It was funny and cute
½ August 17, 2009
Netflix recommended this movie, watched it over the weekend... a bit graphic [queer] for the queezy, but the music was truely outstanding.
½ August 2, 2009
So depressing--the first movie I've seen that felt totally like the cliche Tragic Gay Movie (I was surprised no one died), with really nothing to redeem it. And why did the trans character have to be the villain? I should have watched the Skins marathon instead.
July 22, 2009
So, so, so beautiful!!!!!! It's unbelieveable how a person can transform your way of thinking into something sooo different about how you feel with a person. I hated April the entire movie!!!!! Also hate the way how the problem was solved....or never solved. when you love...you simply believe in THAT love. Who cares if those "friends" dont get that.

Excellent performance and the music was just perfcet. Nice way to introduce the characters, very nteresting. A lot of flashback and sometimes that made me lost the realtima, but just one of the best movies on the topic.
½ July 21, 2009
ok...this movie is quite interesting. it may look abit like a 'B' graded but you will enjoy it if you're into simple and interesting love and common couple fights.The ending is DAMN interesting. I didnt expect it though but i find it shocking and interesting how they actually decided to end this movie. Let me know if u like the ending? lol... dont expect too much from this movie cos you might not enjoy..watch it with an open mind ;) Try your best to find this movie and if you do,ENJOY!!!!!
½ July 5, 2009
This movie's title should be Between Love & Hate not Between Love & Goodbye. I'm overall, quite disappointed in it. The plethora of the characters are just of such an alien nature, inhuman and obnoxious that they only create the image that they were created to be hated by the viewers.

The film starts with a promising tone, but everything -from the performances to the script to the ending- just get out of control less than halfway into it. The performances are not believable to the tiniest bit and the character development is ridiculous. How can you like a movie when you despise the characters portrayed in it? And the ending is the cherry on the cake. Completely unreal, completely non-dramatic. Certain elements such as the sex scenes and the music are excellent, but not enough to sustain the movie.

To sum up, an indie wannabe dealing with hatred, love, obsession, sacrifice and a bunch of disliked starring actors.
½ June 24, 2009
That little French touch that Marcel gives to this movie is just right. Movie is fast - there's always something happening. It's exciting all the time. At the start, it's very romantic and often funny, but as the end gets closer everything is turning upside down making it dramatic in a whole new way. There's also fantastic music. It's very deep, emotional, and artistic.