Between Strangers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Between Strangers Reviews

½ August 16, 2013
This is one of the most amazing movies I've ever seen! Written and directed by Edoardo Ponti, whose mother, the great Sophia Loren, is one of the lead characters (Loren's character is married to a real a-hole). The stories aren't quite intertwined (until the end) but it all works smoothly and is very moving. And French actor Gerard Depardieu has a small role of a character who is quite helpful to Loren's.
½ May 27, 2011
A bit slow, but it was worth a watch.
August 23, 2010
I don't think I have ever seen such terrible acting from such a star-studded cast! Compounded by a plot as stale as dry toast, this film must be where good acting went and croaked.
May 18, 2009
The excellent interpretations enrich the film.
½ January 4, 2009
A must-see movie: very well directed, telling a lot of troubling messages about being a woman, the feeling of guilt in its many forms, the meaning of our dreams and what happens if we ignore fulfilling them and follow our true calling in life...Great performances by great actors: Sophia Loren, Klaus Maria Brandauer, Mira Sorvino and Deborah Kara Unger.....
August 31, 2008
Quite an intersting ensemble
January 30, 2008
It is fabulously badly made, with rare weak performances from otherwise excellent actors ... and idiotic dialogue and events.
½ November 12, 2007
great movie. Gerard Depardieu is also in it.
½ August 12, 2007
This movie has a good cast but it was not exciting enough.
½ August 8, 2007
Liked performances and story very much. Great to watch Sophia Loren again
½ July 22, 2007
There really wasn't much of a movie here when I think about it, but it held my attention, and it was an interesting concept, it just didn't seem to go anywhere.