Between Sweet and Salt Water (Entre la mer et l'eau douce) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Between Sweet and Salt Water (Entre la mer et l'eau douce) Reviews

½ February 18, 2012
A film that is lyrical and poetic almost to a fault. The water evoked in the title is particularly apt, as Entre la mer et l'eau douce is constantly drifting. There are some truly beautiful moments, but there are also moments that drag unnecessarily. To be fair, it's probably much better when not viewed on Youtube, but you have to take what you can get.
August 15, 2010
This is certainly a landmark Canadian film. It would be far more astounding if it were made say 5-10 years earlier. It is still better than a lot of Hollywood crap of the era. We get a pretty realistic view of someone's rise to minor celebrity. The pacing is a little odd and it's not like we've never seen this before. Still, it's engaging and good.
February 10, 2008
Very reminscent of the French New Wave. It's clear that Quebecois film was heavily influenced by what was happening with film in France in the 60s. This is an interesting character piece that's beautifully shot. It's really a shame that it's not more well known, or atleast as well known as films from the French New Wave.
February 7, 2008
Grand film. De superbes images comme seul Michel Brault peut nous les offrir. Un film qui décrit bien l'époque et qui cerne bien le questionnement de l'homme face à la ville et la campagne.
June 6, 2007
I saw this movie at the Detroit Film Theatre on the last night of their fall season of '06 and it made me think a lot, not only about the fact that I know little about the Quebecois or their history, but also about what people perceive as true love. A brilliant and gorgeous movie. One definitely worth seeing. I really wish more people knew about this film, it's just beautiful.