Between Us - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Between Us Reviews

½ August 25, 2015
Couldn't get thru 30 minutes of it
½ June 4, 2015
Horrible people. Horrible movie.
½ November 26, 2014
Has its moments, and a strong cast. But becomes a case of do we really care what happens to these characters.
October 29, 2014
I watched the first 30 minutes and couldn't stand these characters. I have no idea what story they were trying to tell, but I couldn't care less.
October 25, 2014
Decent cast. Intriguing storyline. The actors all did a great job in their designated roles. Definitely a character study film as it takes places primarily in one location. It was an interesting reflection on the nuances of marriage. A little slow but entertaining.
½ October 24, 2014
Good actors trapped in a very stage-bound movie.
August 29, 2014
The writing and direction was lacking.
½ June 20, 2014
I liked it...But it just had a feel that it was a rip off of Who's afraid of Virginia wolfe. and then with the movie Carnage coming out its just all sounds too familiar. ..
April 26, 2014
A sick movie, creepy, it's a terrifying drama more scary than any horror, coz it's about human nature, the ugly side of it, and how friends can be so devastating and hurtful
Julia stiles performance was true but Taye Diggs was superb and outstanding
February 7, 2014
This was an amazing movie. Well acted and great conversational dialog!
½ January 31, 2014
Pretentious without being engaging.
January 24, 2014
This awkward-fest of dysfunctional relationships & friendships spirals into total dismay & disappointment. Nothing was fulfilling about this flukey flick.
DrStrangeblog
December 20, 2013
Badly manufactured 2-couple drama loaded with artificial dialogue and hollow performances. David Harbour is the major offender in that regard, and while I love Melissa George I couldn't stand more than 25 minutes of this tripe. Even a morose Julia Stiles looked like she didn't want to be there. A big W.O.T.: waste of time.
November 17, 2013
Updated version I guess of Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?. You know couples bickering about different issues.
August 27, 2013
Powerful. Intense. Often awkwardly funny. A perfect distillation of the uncomfortable social boundaries that these characters have no qualms in crossing. Directed beautifully
½ August 13, 2013
"Between Us" is a well-made indie played by great actors (including Julia Stiles and Melissa George) about social gap between adult friends these days...and the fact that the abundance of money (or even the lack of it) could sometimes help make or break a relationship. With the targeted audience of young adults who are striving to seek identity for themselves, whether it is in career, money, or significant other, there is plenty of lesson to be learned from this film. Never mind the fact that it was created under such a small budget.
½ August 9, 2013
I am not sure how this is a comedy? There is no doubt it is a dark film that will keep you uncomfortable throughout the entire 90-minutes.

Julia Styles is really great in this film. The entire cast is good, but Julia does an amazing job at playing multiple versions of her character.

I don't think this is a great film to see if you are thinking about getting married, but it is a great film to see if you want to be entertained, but in an uncomfortable way.

I strongly reccommend this film for anyone that is looking for a dark drama, with a deep relationship story in the background. It is deep in conversation and multiple layers of these two couples relationships are brought out throughout the film.

Overall it is a GREAT MOVIE!
August 4, 2013
I only withstood a little over thirty minutes; Miserable, petty, empty, nagging, pretentious, self-absorbed, bickering, boring, soulless characters exchanging meaningless, angry dialogue. Horrible!
July 30, 2013
A beautifully shot and edited film about the ups and downs of friendship and marriage - this will resonate with anyone who has lived life and knows that it is not always wine and roses.