Bewitched - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bewitched Reviews

½ March 11, 2016
Bewitched, have a charme made by yours actors, and for be remember a classic series, in this case, the homonymy popular show with Elizabeth Montgomery. But the film, have a terrible screenplay, just like the direction of Nora Ephron, beyond this Bewitched don't have any kind of entertaining or funny. Rotten.
March 5, 2016
The Tv Series Was Amazing, This Shat Nope....
February 1, 2016
Cute idea, but ultimately fails to deliver.
January 16, 2016
I am a huge fan of michael caine, he is a best suit for his part. but the movie is so horrible that evet he couldn't let us out anyway.. nicole is wonderful as always, while will ferrel and his hammy sucks! script sucks! who wrote it?!
½ January 4, 2016
I thought the movie did have some funny moments with Will Ferrell at the lead, but they were too far between.
Kidman was delightful and sweet but it really felt forced throughout the film.
never did anything feel genuine.
I don't think the direction was in order, and I think that some of the talent was absolutely wasted.
The film is about a struggling but well known actor (played scattered by Ferrell) who is staring in a reboot of bewtiched. The idea isn't bad and Michael Caine has a fun cameo, it just is too all over the place and way too forced to take it as an above average comedy.
January 3, 2016
I've probably seen the original Bewitched series when I was younger, but I don't remember much from it, but even without seeing the series I could tell it didn't hold up well as a big screen Bewitched, rather a subpar look on Hollywood banter and a weird storyline and characters that go with it. Bewitched, in a word, is disappointing.
Isabel Bigelow gets the lead role alongside self centered Hollywood has been Jack Wyatt in a TV reboot of the classic 60s sitcom Bewitched. What nobody knows is Isabel really is a witch, trying to tackle a newfound love for her cast member.
For fans of the Bewitched series, prepare to be majorly disappointed. Instead of a modern day reboot with our classic characters, we're treated to more of the Hollywood behind the scenes lifestyle, concerned about new characters instead of TV fan favorites. Bewitched is a confused film. The characters and humor are off Kidman does a good job in her performance but her character starts off especially bland and normal. I always tend to like Will Ferrell and I can't lie that I still liked him in this, albeit a little goofier and surreal than his typical characters. Most characters don't even make a difference and aren't even funny, such as Isabel's father, played by Michael Caine. His sole purpose to disapprove of things that never escalate, he's pretty much just there because, hey, we got Michael Caine to agree to be in this. The humor is primarily goofy and overdone. The story is a typical and dragged out love story that bears resemblances to the original Bewitched, albeit in a charming real life sense. The film would be better off like The Brady Bunch Movie was - using characters we all know and love is why we want to see the film, instead we are treated to a Hollywood memoir that feels personal at times. It's a disappointing and stupid move not to use traits from the show but instead small resemblances. Bewitched fails to deliver and is disappointing to fans, even with an ahead of its time cast of comedians (Ferrell, Carell, Colbert, etc.).
December 30, 2015
An ok adaptation. Was hoping for more.
December 16, 2015
Interesting film and can be entertaining
October 9, 2015
I don't get what all the fuss is about! This is a FANTASTIC movie........ I just can't stop watching it :0 Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell have the greatest chemistry. Nicole plays the part so well. so adorable!!!! This movie is full of laughs and romance. I love the modern - day technology used with the witches tricks. The storyline is written really well aswell as acted out amazing! Will Ferrell is hilarious as always, although all the screaming kind of got annoying. Overall, BEST MOVIE EVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!
½ August 16, 2015
I find something about this movie to be absolutely irresistible. It is an odd and quirky movie with a huge amount of heart at its core. I like it more and more every time I watch it.
August 11, 2015
Sometimes you wonder in a movie this bad if the stars ever read the script before signing on.
July 13, 2015
Blech.
Blah.
Vomit.
And this from a guy who loves Nicky Kidman.
½ July 13, 2015
Will Ferrels lowest moment so far, I reckon. Thankfully people have started to make films for him rather than trying to force him into being a cheesy Chevy Chase character like they did here. Kidman - one of Hollywoods great mistakes, is awful again.
June 23, 2015
Painfully unfunny. Such a disappointment. Nicole Kidman is charming, but she's forced to act all neurotic here instead of the sexy, iconic character she's portraying.
½ June 14, 2015
Witch moves to the valley because she dreams of being normal and finding a man.
June 11, 2015
This movie was hilarious! Definitely would recommend to everyone!!!
½ June 7, 2015
This directionless remake is most devoid of laughs, but it did elicit a couple smiles.
June 2, 2015
What did you want to do with yourself, movie? What? WHAT!?
May 1, 2015
Funny, but I never saw the original show, so I don't really have a feel for it.
½ March 30, 2015
Mediocre fluff that isn't as bad as you've heard, but a missed opportunity.