Beyond the Law - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beyond the Law Reviews

February 27, 2011
At Finland, this movie's name is "Fixing The Shadow " and the translation to that name is "Arizona Cop". No wonder it was so hard to find...
Still, good that I found it. I will say,

3 stars. Good flick.
January 6, 2011
Also known under a much better title "Fixing the Shadow". No idea why they decided to originally release it under this dummy, cliche name "Beyond the Law". I guess it sounds more American and more catchy for the crowds. To me it sounds more B-action-flick as opposed to great filmmaking which this movie is. Fantastic acting by Charlie Sheen before unfortunately to the world of cinematic art he became a TV star and totally lost purpose in this tricky biz.
September 30, 2010
charlie sheen goes undercover to bust a bunch of outlaw bikers. this is supposedly based on a true story.

i liked it but thought it could have been better. i really didn't like the editing and the music - i would have played better from a more realist perspective. also, way too many montages!

i kept thinking of "donnie brasco" while watching this - perhaps because both are about undercover cops infiltrating organized crime groups AND michael madsen is in both! i loved his performance here. everyone else was adequate enough to make it watchable.
June 21, 2010
Based on the true story of Dan Black a cop who spent 2 and a half years undercover as a biker and nearly lost his sanity. Charlie Sheen is excellent as is Michael Madsen as the leader of the Jackals biker gang. Leon Rippy is quite comical as Virgil who shows Charlie Sheen's character the ways of the biker.
½ May 27, 2010
Based on a true story - falling deeper into the darkest corner a man?s psyche is transformed.
½ May 27, 2010
"Look..." [i]Beyond the Law[/i] just failed to be convincing in any aspect whatsoever. The overlay of the Indian's tale with Sheen's life was unnecessary. The motive for "Dildo" to build Sheen a motorcycle as well as teach him about being a biker was just silly. Many of the characters were flat and unrealistic, which wasn't the actors' fault; they were simply scripted poorly. This movie turned out to be an downright mess.
½ May 13, 2010
Great Biker Movie...
February 21, 2010
Point Break...with bikes and Charlie Sheen
½ February 7, 2010
This is one of the best movies I've ever seen , Its easily the best work that Charlie Sheen has ever done. Its a true story. Madsen is always good and its no different this time.
January 30, 2010
This was a very good movie. I even learned sumn about bikers. He-hee
January 23, 2010
charlie sheen rocks a mullet......complete with butt rock montages!!!
January 6, 2010
Think about it. Charlie Sheen was doing the "direct to VHS" movies WWAAAAYYY before copycats like Christian Slater, Val Kilmer, Cuba Gooding Jr. (the list goes on and oooonnnnnn) began the whole "direct to DVD" thing that seems to be the status quo for RedBox machines.... much respect for Chuck, but I'm happy with watching "Two and a Half Men" reruns...
½ October 26, 2009
if you see only one movie this year this is the one basied on a true story
October 22, 2009
Look how fat Charlie Sheen is in that poster!
September 17, 2009
Somewhat set apart from the old 70's style of biker flicks, this film still had a campy and stereotypical vibe. At times I was set back and was brought into the rather intriguing story, but for the most part I couldn't help but laugh at what was in front of me, and its somewhat sad being based of a true story :(
September 17, 2009
Batante absurda y tonta, no por la idea basica sino por la forma de llevarla a cabo. Charlie Sheen no convence. La vi alguna vez por ahi.
September 17, 2009
A B movie is every way but that is this movie's main charm. Charlie Sheen plays a cop who goes undercover to infiltrate a motorcycle gang. Of course he falls for a girl and starts to emphasize with the gang members. You have seen this stuff before, but it's still kinda fun.
August 15, 2009
The first time I saw "Beyond The Law" I didn't pay enough attention to it to understand it so I didn't see what all the fuss was about. After I watched it a few more times while I was visiting my family in Texas, I realized why everybody was bragging about it all the time. Charlie Sheen is an undercover cop surveying a biker gang by becoming one of the crew and gaining the respect of even the leader of the bikers.
If you watch the movie and pay attention to the whole thing, you'll find out that this is a great all around movie in every respect. It has good suspense, action, and best of all great acting. It's one of Charlie Sheen's best movies, if not his best, and one of the best movies to own for anybody if you ask me. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. While I was staying w/relatives in Texas at that time this is about all they watched. It is a great movie for sure, though not the best.
½ August 11, 2009
Kinda cheesey yet a decent gritty action flick with a nice cast, the whole story is pretty lame and cliched but the whole biker gang thing is always good for punch up's, destruction and some tense confrontations between sweaty guys hehe
Madsen makes it stand out from just an ordinary biker flick really, he is after all a biker nut job haha or he always seems to play these roles, and he does so well. Sheen is pretty much Sheen like in all his films but he always does this kinda stuff ok and keeps you interested. Nothing special but better than most fluff you might see on the back shelf.