Beyond Borders - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beyond Borders Reviews

May 5, 2013
Maybe this film was about making Jolie look a good person. That was my first thought after watching this movie. That underestimates viewers' intelligence. I didn't like this at all, Jolie seemed such a drama queen in this... Clive Owen was ridiculous and make me laugh. His character Nick Callahan was trying to be a rebel and a helper but instead he was a clown, couldn't help myself, I laughed.
½ April 18, 2013
Feels a bit like a vanity project
April 17, 2013
i like the brave and hot UN girl Sarah (Angelina Jolie) and the brave, romantic, charismatic, n unpredictable dr. Nick (Clive Owen). i don't like to serve volatile plcs that few people have traveled and even fewer have survived. but wow, Sarah n Nick were so passionate to serve others in any circumstances.
½ March 23, 2013
"Perhaps we are all refugees from something, but I see now there is nothing to fear, that the world we hold onto, the lives we cherish, are a part of something greater, something more."
½ February 28, 2013
jolie died that's new! Clive's hot
½ February 10, 2013
This a nice movie that stars with a great half hour and make you expect smething greater but then it becomes a little flat but then takes you to the romance part...unless you were never in love you would never understand this movie.

Of course it left me thinking about Ethiopia and why they didnt talk mofe about that...well at least it put some social issues that are still going on nowadays and this is good.

I'll probably watch again.... just because it makes me think of something beautiful.
January 31, 2013
" In a place she didn't belong, among people she never knew, she found a way to make a difference."

Beyond Borders is a supremely inspiring romantic adventure that deals in some very tough, but very important issues. A film that will really touch your heart, Beyond Borders is the real deal, a beautifully shot piece of grand filmmaking that's just a pleasure to watch. Director Martin Campbell (The Mask Of Zorro, The Legend Of Zorro, Casino Royale) had a vast vision and he executed it with utter precision. It's an ambitious and utterly hard hitting endeavor, the entire opening scene is spectacularly heart breaking, but it grabs you unlike anything that I have watched for quite some time. The romance does at ties get overly sappy and drawn out, but everything else within the film is superb inside and out. Pure inspiration, it packs brute force emotion and it's guaranteed to pummel you with it. The images are haunting, but the story needs to be told. A brave, bold, daunting, disturbing, engrossing and beautiful film, two thumbs up for Martin Campbell and company.
Angelina Jolie gives a powerhouse performance, it's one of her best in my opinion. Clive Owen is hypnotizing, he gives this role everything he has and it shows. Jolie and Owen share excellent and unique chemistry all the way through the film. Noah Emmerich never disappoints.
January 12, 2013
Arrogantly obnoxious film that feels like an exploitative tribute to the humanitarian activism of Hollywood stars, including Angelina Jolie.
January 6, 2013
Very sad movie, I don't like sad movies.
December 27, 2012
Sarah: Me prgunto si todos sabemos a donde pertencemos ...y si lo sabemos en nuestro corazon ¿Por que nos quedamos sin hacer nada? ... Tendra que hacer algo mas, un proposito en camún, un lugar al cual aferrarnos... tu representabas mi hogar, lo supe desde el mometno en que te vi esa noche...hace mucho tiempo.
Nick: No puedo parar debo seguir adelante, hay tanto...
Sarah: Me preocupa que estes aca, me preocupa que algo te suceda, todos los dis durante 4 años me despertaba preguntandome si estarias bien...o vivo...en donde...¿Por cuanto timpo te iras?

Nick: No lo se, no tengo idea

Sarah: ¿Ques es todo esto? ¿Que haces?

Nick: Estoy completamente loco por ti, no puedo dejar de pensar en ti, siempre te tengo presente, estas en cada latido de mi corazon, pero no podemos estar juntos, no soy bueno para ti

Sarah: Eso no es cierto

Nick: Escucha si pudiera vivir otra vez, no te dejaria por un instante. tu lugar esta junto tu familia y el mio aqui, por el lado que lo mires alguien saldrá lastimado.

Sarah: Nunca ha habido distancia entre ambos y nunca la habra

Me encanto esta pelicula en su totalidad ...
½ December 11, 2012
I think its a great movie and the story is amazing. Both Angelina Jolie and Clive Owen have done great jobs, and it's nice to actually get a glimpse of not only what many people go through in Africa and Asia but also what the people that try to help them (relief workers) go through as well.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage. Angelina and Clive, thats an interesting combo. Will be interesting to see.
November 30, 2012
A well intentioned romance ....
October 16, 2012
I expected critics to fail this movie, but not till this 14%! The best part was surely the strong critic to the charitable organization, but the rest was just romance and also badly done. The idea of jumping 5 years every time the camera "changed direction" would be nice, but only if supported by some facts in the script or in the story that could be linked together with just a small of decency.
September 23, 2012
It's a true shame, the movie begins about a passionate belief in helping the innocent of 3rd world countries, and quickly, very quickly finds itself being about true love, and forgetting about the starving people or people under fire. It's a hollywood story at it's core.
September 21, 2012
Deeply affecting-that is if you want a stark confrontation with the harsh realities in so many parts of the world in the 80s, 90s and today. Can't imagine why the summary on this page says that the romantic story in the midst of such suffering is "exploitative." The reality is that such romances-and in this case ferocious love-happens "against the backdrop of suffering" all the time. It's one of the ways people stay human in the midst of it.
August 27, 2012
the end stunned me, what an amazing movie, I see why Angelina said it changed her life.
August 22, 2012
Beyond Borders is an overly political and melodramatic film that doesn't have much of a plot. The film follows a wealth socialite that feels compelled to become involved with a world relief program and starts a torrid affair with an international aid worker. Angelina Jolie and Clive Owen lead the cast, but their performances so overdramatic that everything feels forced. The plot is especially weak and neither the story nor the characters are developed all that well. Unfortunately, Beyond Borders is little more than an exploitative piece of trite that plays on people's sympathies.
August 5, 2012
Harsh reality that most can't imagine even after watching the movie.
June 18, 2012
I've seen this movie couple of times and it was awesome every single time. Heartbreaking, touching and important. Just brilliant.