Beyond Loch Ness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beyond Loch Ness Reviews

July 16, 2014
Loving to idea of the Loch Ness monster well being a killing monster but I think they could have don't the movie a bit better
½ December 12, 2013
Ha! This is cheese ! But out of the water cheese ! :o nessa!
½ November 6, 2013
Poor effects and bland characters, but a fun monster romp. Though it's predictable and slow at times, it still uses a small amount of gore and plenty of monster action. Otherwise, it's the usual Sci-fi channel shlock.
½ November 21, 2012
Possibly one of the best ' Loch Ness Monster films that I've seen. Lots of fun.
November 6, 2012
Well the Loch Ness Monster travels from the cushy lakes of Scotland through mysterious underwater passages all the way to America to have her babies on a small island! Not only this but a near victim of nessie is on the hunt and has now become some strange looking texan wannabe.. It really wasn't a good movie, but these made for SyFy efforts very rarely are!
½ October 9, 2012
This will likely be a forgotten entity soon enough - Not good enough to warrant raving about, but nor is it bad enough to continually slate! It's a borderline film which has reasonable qualities all around - Average actors, plus a mediocre storyline which is basically a cat and mouse chase, or rather a Loch Ness monster and human chase throughout. There's no depth to the character relations, no real quality action sequences, and clearly no expense used in any of the special effects. It is relatively comical to watch though, not that I expect it intends to be, but the way the monster keeps biting people's heads off just makes me chuckle. It's not difficult to follow in the least, just a basic premise of a crypto zoologist hunting down the beast that killed his dad - just a shame that half the village actually die before he actually catches up with the thing! It's the first time I've witnessed a film based on the Loch Ness monster (given that i've chosen to forget that crap one starring Ted Danson), but i'm guessing that aiming a movie at the Scottish horror fans would be a bit of a niche market. On this evidence though, there's definitely room for a decent Nessie flick given that this episode leaves a lot to be desired.
April 12, 2012
The only thing that kept me from rating this one star was that I laughed throughout most of it. Holy crap, this was bad.
April 12, 2012
Really dodgy sci-fi channel movie that I've been wanting to watch for a while. Considering it is low budget the effects aren't terrible and the acting is probably better than most sci-fi channel movies. However it is one of those films where more than half the characters need a brain transplant to stop being so stupid (typical horror movie fare I guess). Worth watching if you like that sort of thing.
April 12, 2012
Those < Primeval > stuff with some lousy production.
January 13, 2012
I found this movie to be one of the best out of all the loch ness/snake/lizzard movies out there. Good action. nice storyline too.
½ November 26, 2011
Very low budget. Story and special effects were not very good, but they tried.
October 28, 2011
"My kind of SyFy". I have always been a big fan of Donnelly Rhodes. Loch Ness Terror, is alot of fun.
October 10, 2011
One of SyFy's best sea creature flicks. Very enjoyable.
June 16, 2011
it is really cool!!!and Brian Krause really awesome!!!!!
½ February 25, 2011
Recomendo vivamente.
½ November 20, 2010
Low budget but story line isn't too bad. Acting were also ok too. But nothing special about this movie.
½ October 1, 2010
I only caught the last 10 minutes but made compelling viewing nonetheless.
½ September 2, 2010
Saw it on televison earlier... thought sure why not? So I started watching it, not knowing it was a' horror'... first few minutes in, I literly honest to god thought it was a comedy. Guess not. And the rating on the t.v. said it was PG, and meanwhile I'm thinking "Yeah no, I do't think so, some monster from the water is eating people and spiting them out with most of their body parts missing... that's deffenatly NOT PG..." More like PG 14, haha. Honestly by mid way I was screaming at my televison for them to get in the fucking boat and NOT go in the water... it'd be smart... but no, they kept swimming, jesus! This movie, I would NOT see again, it sucked, just saying...