Beyond Re-Animator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beyond Re-Animator Reviews

½ November 22, 2012
Combs saves another one...
November 10, 2012
A shitty sequel, no doubt. And yet, I'm strangely drawn to it.
November 3, 2012
the only thing he wanted, is to cure death. Death can be defeated!
October 13, 2012
Herbert West Re-Animates Again--Tons of campy fun!!
August 4, 2012
im a fan of the re-animator series but this is the weakest of the 3,that doesnt mean this is a bad film mind and fans of the previous 2 will still have a ball with this,it still has the directors tounge in cheek horror comedy and brilliant special effects but the story isnt as interesting as previous instalments. jeffery combs again is great in the west role but the supporting actors are pretty poor. extra marks as well for the reanimator euro trance number in the credits!
½ August 2, 2012
This third instalment in the 'Re-Animator' franchise (following on from 1985's 'Re-Animator' and 1990's 'Bride of Re-Animator) is as visually unappealing as its predecessors and features some worse-than-typical performances. Admittedly, the film isn't by any means terrible (the effects are impressive enough) but it isn't very good either.
July 30, 2012
I fucking love this film so much
½ July 5, 2012
Suitably depraved, disgusting and funny entry to the Re-Animator series
June 22, 2012
well, they got the over the top part right, as well as the black humor. shame it dive-bombs so hard that it hits schlock territory too often.
½ May 28, 2012
This is good, but still it could have been a little better...I have to say the opening scene was wonderful...I was expecting a lot more gore throughout the film.
½ May 23, 2012
I had a small feeling this would not be as great as the first two, I was right. Although Combs still does a great job the prison setting just sucked, I really didn't like that or the other cast at all and while it's not really a bad film it's just not as fun or entertaining as the first two. Decent effects and interesting to see the reagent injected into living tissue, the results are funny.

The thing that made the other two cool is the notion that a reagent could possibly be synthesized to reanimate dead tissue, it's probably quite plausible in the right mind/hands but the NPE stuff West found in this, to reboot the reanimated bodies back to normal and not just mindless zombies, splicing rodent NPE with human NPE to make a half rat half human warden is utterly ridiculous and just sullies the good name of this franchise, no wonder it was straight to VHS and filmed in, starred and was directed by everyone in Spain!
May 22, 2012
I liked it better than the 2nd one, but it's still not as great as the original. The characters are decent, and the setting was nice but the story wasn't too different. The gory was good though and plentiful. It could of done without the rat/penis fight though. Plus, West doesn't have a mysterious unconfirmed death in this one, as he is shown clearly walking away. Overall, it's a decent sequel with some fun parts, but don't expect it to be like the first movie.
½ April 24, 2012
Jeffrey Combs is still having a blast, but the movie is other wise a dull retelling of the first Re-Animator.
April 19, 2012
Over-the-top, unravels as it goes along.
½ April 18, 2012
Kind of a disappointment....more dark humor than traditional horror....if your a fan of the first two, you might want to stay away..if your a fan of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness....enjoy.
April 8, 2012
It was okay, preferred it ever so slightly to Bride.
January 24, 2012
While I was watching this horrendous pile of garbage, I couldn't help but think - the only thing shittier than the movie itself, is the prison's security.
January 11, 2012
This movie was hilarious. I had so much fun watching. Never got boring for a moment and it ended way too soon. Combs is an awesome Herbert West. His insanity and amoral attitude with sarcasm thrown in makes the character forever memorable. I wish they made more like this, so much fun.
December 19, 2011
Not art, but goofy, gory, goopy, good-ol' Re-animator-style fun. If you liked the other two Re-animator films, you'll like this one.