Beyond Sherwood Forest Reviews

• Jun 06, 2014

WOW, what a waste of an hour & a half. This was not a good movie at all. It was an interesting concept on the classic Robin Hood story but it didn't have elements of a film that would make it enjoyable. I gave it 1+1/2 stars just for the actresses Erica Durance & Katharine Isabelle, whose roles as Lois Lane on 'Smallville' & as Ginger in the 'Ginger Snaps' films are memorable.

• Jan 12, 2014

Kind of dull at times, but some good ideas to fantasy up Robin Hood. Alas, I wish they took more cues from "Game of Thrones" and had been darker with story. Presentation is very uninspired, they needed a director with precision point vision. Erica Durance is made for fantasy. Julian Sands continues to be the poor man's Jeremy Irons and we love him for it.

• Nov 23, 2013

A could-be-cool little twist to the Robin Hood story.. to bad it doesn't really pay of. Nice to see Julian Sands and Katharine Isabelle again though.

• Jul 08, 2013

An awesome twist for the Robin Hood genre.

An awesome twist for the Robin Hood genre.

• Mar 23, 2013

As a SyFy channel movie, you know that budget is low and consequently, in most cases, acting quality is below average too. I found the acting to be acceptable here, but the CGI was fairly bad. I liked the addition of the creature to the tale of Robin Hood; I feel it gave it a nice twist and a little pop to spark my interest. Decent for what it is.

• Jul 07, 2012

Interesting idea, but the scenes were to shortly cut and oddly jumbled. I liked the new take on Marian and her use in the story, and the sheriff could not have been more evil. I would have enjoyed it better without a demon from another world to mess up the story line, but, oh well. Not everything comes my way.

• Jan 13, 2012

Not a bad movie, The dragon in it was a-little fake looking however the storyline was good.

• Dec 29, 2011

One of those movies that you just watch for the amazing actress Katharine Isabelle

• Sep 17, 2011

surprisingly not terrible for a made-for-TV movie its a nice spin on the Robin Hood tale it touches upon what the original story has based itself good acting, average-looking effects, very bloody too again I love Erica Durance getting some more range outside Smallville as the lovely, bold Marion and Katherine Isabelle has a strong, tragic role to carry Robin Dunne himself as Robin Hood himself isnt too shabby; he carries the right amount of charisma and acting chops this is a good way to spend an hr and a half on, I guarentee you won't regret it

• May 30, 2011

Without a doubt, THE worst Robin Hood movie ever.

Without a doubt, THE worst Robin Hood movie ever.