Chi sei? (Beyond the Door) (The Devil Within Her) (Who Are You?) (Beyond Obsession) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chi sei? (Beyond the Door) (The Devil Within Her) (Who Are You?) (Beyond Obsession) Reviews

½ October 14, 2014
Surprisingly effective 70's demonic possession horror, in spite of ripping off bits from "The Exorcist" and "Rosemary's Baby". Somewhat nonsensical, as well, but still worth a viewing
March 10, 2014
So many parts of this movie are just some strung together scenes and sequences that make no sense, as the lead actor being pursued by some street musicians, one is playing a recorder using his nose, as the poor man tries to get away from these "demons????"
½ January 18, 2014
Okay, so while everything that happens in this film refuses to make sense I have to say that the movie was a helluva a fun watch, especially with the cheap-ass special effects that are employed throughout and the puzzlingly quirky characters.

Wild, weird fun.

April 5, 2013
I believe this movie should be up for crimes against cinema, if not humanity. It's downright criminal how many horror movies this one stinker tries to imitate if not outright steal (like the ending shot is, in the director's own words, "the final shot of THE OMEN.") Mostly steals from THE EXORCIST with some POLTERGEIST and probably every single other popular 1970s horror movie of the time. This is a really really really bad movie with a few "scary" scenes for those easily scared by demonic possession. But the real treat is witnessing the atrociously bad acting, the idiotic characters' mind-numbing reactions to the horrors unleashed upon them and everything else that makes this one of worst films made and yet is still watchable...barely.
November 13, 2012
It's so cheesy and laughable. I found out that Warner Bros. sued the movie for plagiarism, because they thought it was too much like "The exorcist". But, God, if I was an executive from Warner I would just laugh hard at this ridiculous attempt.
October 27, 2012

awesome soundtrack!

All's well that end's well . . . when The Boy turns around to face us (the audience) at the end ITS A SCREAM!!!!!!

with an ending "like that," no wonder BEYOND THE DOOR made a TON OF MONEY . . . it makes you want to see the film again to relieve the experience.
September 2, 2012
Excruciatingly slow Italian knock-off of The Exorcist and Rosemary's Baby with underwhelming results.
½ June 13, 2012
The movie that brought us the cinema legend Ovidio G Assonitis (credited as Oliver Hellman). The best of the series, but blatant Exorcist rip-off, pity there is no direct sequel.
March 31, 2012
Absolutely batsh*t madness. Everything about this is pretty horrible and way, way out there, and if you're in need for laughs then look no further.
March 8, 2012
Possibly the most batshit insane Exorcist ripoff of them all (and yes, that includes L'Anticristo). Juliet Mills throws herself unabashedly into her part, there's a 10-year old girl who is obsessed with Love Story and swears like a sailor, Richard Johnson slogs his way through for a check, and Warner Brothers sues Ovidio Assonitis. If you like the culty stuff, this is for you, but it's a slog if you're not in the mood for it.
½ December 26, 2011
It had some promise but by the end I'd given in trying to work out what was going on and downed more wine instead.
September 2, 2011
This Rosemarys Baby/The Exorcist ripoff is blantantly awful that both Paramount and Warner Bros. should have sued(the latter company did, unsucessfully.)It does not have one original bone in its body. Juliet Mills(who's later claim to fame is playing an evil witch with a dummy on Passions.)stars as a young wife whos pregnant with the devils child and begins her morph from pretty, perky housewife to a vengeful, foul-mouthed, possessed housewife complete with head-spinning, pea soup vomiting and levitating bed antics. To round out its awfulness: the direction, acting complete with dreadful dubbing(especially the children's)and story with a seriously goofy ending that leaves audiences head spinning just like Mills. What a piece of crap!
½ July 11, 2011
It's got the moaning and the laughter of the Devil himself.
May 7, 2011
There is great silly crazy in this film
January 16, 2011
Jessica is a woman suddenly possessed by an entity. Her ex lover, Dimitri , has made a deal with the Antichrist. In exchange for 10 extra years to his life , he must aid the birth of Jessica's unborn child.

The Antichrist does not grant Dimitri's wish in the end, says it was all a joke for his personal amusement and kills him. The infant is still born without a mouth.

Sounds like fun? Not really. The plot is incoherent and seems incomplete, but who cares! This is still quite a laugh if you have the patience sitting through it.
A lot of weird stuff goes on in this one. Jessica's son eats Campbell pea soup all day long and acts like a spoiled little brat. Toys, dolls and cupboards are demoniacally possessed. Jessica eats banana peels she finds on the street . Jessica yells buckets full of obscenities and vomits tons of pea soup. In a very long scene her husband is harassed by obnoxious street musicians and acts like a coward by not defending himself at all.

There is some nice photography, only to be ruined by lousy cheap editing. Poor dubbing, bad lighting and awful music don't help much either. There are very long boring takes of people walking around doing nothing.
The film was directed by Italian director Ovidio G. Assontis and spawned two sequels. It turned out a box office hit, making 15. million at the US box office. Warner Brothers sued but failed.

Mario Bava directed "Shock" ,which was marketed under the title "Beyond the door 2" in the U.S, and didn't have much to do with this one at all except actor David Colin Jr.
Dimitri is played by Richard Johnson, who we know as the doctor from "Zombie Flesh eaters"

"Evil grows beyond the Door" claims the poster. Evil grows beyond my patience is a better tag line.
Pretty funny" Exorcist" clone if your warming up with friends who appreciate the genre. Or in my case simply bored.
January 1, 2011
½ November 22, 2010
Lame, and I'm talking superlame Excorcist knockoff here that has a woman pregnant with da devil! She spews out vile stuff, her underacting husband is concerned, and a shady character by the name of Dmitiri wants to help the couple out... but why??? Totally not worth any of your time. Just awful, boring, and a pain to sit through.
½ November 15, 2010
This crap-fest mash-up rip-off of The Exorcist and Rosemary's Baby gets a full star more than it should from me for (a) the badly overdubbed little girl who swears like a sailor and (b) the hilarious crowd of people I watched it with.
½ July 8, 2010
I really don't know what to say or to feel about this movie .It is a very weird The Exorcist rip off but very euro-trash style.There was this scene where the possessed preggo woman starts vomiting a la Exorcist style ,and then some vomiting is in her chin and she keeps saying how much she loves her vomit and keeps eating it back and playng it with her fingers ,that was soo disgusting!!And there was a scene where the woman kisses her son,a little boy in the mouth when she is about to get possessed ,really creepy !!The ending was pretty freaky!I give 2 1/2 star for the amount of craziness!!
July 1, 2010
Rip off of the exorcist/rosemarys baby. Still i enjoyed it and some of the make-up effects and sound effects were a highlight. But in the end it is only a blatent rip off.