BFG: Big Friendly Giant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

BFG: Big Friendly Giant Reviews

July 11, 2016
We have officially crossed over to 2nd childhood. "BFG" was all you could have hoped for from this genre. It's animation was top notch, storyline captivating, and its 3 D absolutely perfect. The young girl deserves an Oscar. That there were only a total of 2 including each of us was disconcerting. Felt like Elvis Presley. So, we are topping that off over at Moxie's on their patio.There's a lot at steak, after all, Bermuda is a tough act to follow.
½ November 16, 2013
One of the brilliant movies I grew up with and still remains so today.
February 28, 2013
it is my favorite movie thanks flixter
June 16, 2012
Its not like the book
April 17, 2012
i want 2 see this movie
½ February 13, 2012
Based on the famous Roald Dahl novel of the same name, this version is faithful to the book, and fun for the whole family, though the voice-overs are a bit creepy, especialy David Jason. The only thing that keeps this movie going is the plot, lovingly from the book by Roald Dahl. You can skip this one.
April 17, 2010
This film was the staple movie of my youth. It remains very faithful to Dahl's novel and maintains interest to those of all ages.
September 10, 2009
David Jason is as credible as he always is, and makes for a great voice for the BFG. Unfortunately, he seems to be the only saving grace for the film. While the book contained unbeatable charm and was really enjoyable, which made for one of the best children's books ever. The film however has less charm and does not seem as magical as its book counterpart.