Bhoot (Ghost House) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bhoot (Ghost House) Reviews

May 15, 2013
For a Bollywood entry into horror, I give it a fair nod of approval. There's some slick shots and nifty ideas, but it gets less terrifying the longer it goes.
April 3, 2013
One of the few Hindi horror movies I liked...not badly done!
October 26, 2012
there are only few times when Ram Gopal Varma clicks ,this was one of those times
½ June 27, 2010
This movie marks the pinnacle of Urmila's acting career - where she totally rocked role as the possessed housewife !! Additionally it was one of the last good RGV flicks ... as since then it has been a downhill road for him too !!!
February 25, 2010
Lots of atmosphere and good suspense with intentionally deliberate pacing, not something you see that often any more. This has some pretty decent scares with ghosts, menacing personnel, and a good depiction of possession. Urmila Matondkar seems genuinely tormented, but reins it in enough to maintain the premise. It's too bad this was not more popular.
½ February 21, 2010
I have a problem with the ending, but otherwise a great movie. Urmila is amazing as always.
ScoopOnline
December 28, 2009
Sounds a poor Remake of an Old Bollywood Classic I saw very long time ago. Thank you but NO THANK YOU!
July 9, 2009
Absolutely Creepy! Love it!
May 25, 2009
This is actually the Indian version of the Japanese movie "Ju-on." The American version is called "The Grudge."
½ May 21, 2009
On: Cable
Name: BHOOT

Scary
½ March 14, 2009
rekha was scary. urmila over acted.
November 13, 2008
Best horror movie ever in bollywood. It's Ram gopal verma at his best. Urmila Rocks as ever ! :)
August 22, 2008
with how unscary Bollywood horrors are, yes, Nana Patekar... u'r the only one worth watching...
April 23, 2008
good movie gud work my urmila and ajay
½ April 2, 2008
It was interesting to see an Indian horror film, I hadn't previously heard of any and so stumbled upon this quite late at night. I thought it was rather good, but the ending felt a little anti-climactic. Some of the ghost effects were very effective. One I would watch again.
½ March 7, 2008
really good movie!!!
January 13, 2008
the three stars go for only one person URMILA! tht says it all! movei could have been better but urmilas fantastic acting u wouldnt mind watching the rest!
½ November 15, 2007
there is something about ram gopal after rangeela. his movies just fail to maike that impact or maybe it is his choice of actors and characters
½ November 14, 2007
ramu's tryst wit horror....amazin movie...Urmila's run of a mill performance
November 6, 2007
This is one scary movie from India. Good use of SFX and ambience. Creeps you out in some scenes.