Big Bad Mama - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Bad Mama Reviews

March 20, 2010
William Shatner and Angie Dickenson team up with Tom Skeritt in a depression era criminal rampage brought to us by low budget king Roger Corman. Plenty of skin and violence, along with some wonderfully cheesy dialog make this a fun watch. This seems like it would be a good companion to Boxcar Bertha and the Warren Oates version of Dillinger. See the 30s through the eyes of the 70s. Enjoy.
March 19, 2010
A fun exploitation movie that might just offer one of the most accurate visions of the Great Depression the silver screen has ever offered.

The titular mama, Wilma McClatchie (Angie Dickinson) and her two daughters lead a cross-country crime spree that culminates in the trio aiding a bumbling robber (Tom Skerritt) in bank heists and assisting a duplicitous playboy (William Shatner, oozing equal parts charm and repulsion) in a kidnapping scheme.

"Big Bad Mama" encapsulates what Roger Corman-style filmmaking is all about while rarely suffering like many of its under-budgeted peers did from rushed production.
½ March 6, 2010
Angie Dickinson as the quintessential milf. Lots of sex and funny bits. Just a great campy flick. B
½ December 25, 2009
silly and entertaining. that's all you need from this.
May 28, 2009
I LURVE this movie...it really is a cult classic IMO. Ms. Angie makes Wilma McClatchie strong yet vulnerable...you like her in spite of the fact that she's the bad guy really.
½ March 9, 2009
One of my favorite flicks to come out of the Roger Corman studio mainly due to the awesome cast of Angie Dickinson, Tom Skeritt, Dick Miller, Robbie Lee, Susan Sennett, and William Shatner as "The Bastard! The Goddamn Fruitcake Bastard!" Lots of violence and lots of nudity, I think Tom Skeritt sleeps with every woman in the movie. VF.
March 5, 2009
loved it was a fun show
½ August 16, 2008
Lots of fine nudity from Angie, Susan Sennett and Robbie Lee plus another oddball performance by William Shatner in a cheaply made but fairly entertaining '30's gangster film. If it weren't for the nudity, this probably would not be worth watching.
July 29, 2008
oh my god. this is the most bizarre movie ive seen in a while. its like if the dukes of hazzard were rated x. fucking crazy!!!
June 13, 2008
ANGIE DICKINSON RULES. they would never make a movie like this today! casting a 40-year-old television star as a bank-robbing mom, doing full frontal nudity and multiple topless scenes? two teenage daughters who cant keep their clothes on, shown in bed with an older man at the same time? and WILLIAM SHATNER? this movie is great. check out angie spouting off excellent lines like, "get your hand off my tit, barney!", crashing old cars and shooting people full of holes.
May 8, 2008
Ive been wanting to see this movie for the longest time..
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
February 22, 2008
is angie still around,i wonder?
½ January 27, 2008
good fun...review to come...
January 3, 2008
Ooh, let's make a movie starring Tom Skeritt and William Shatner called Big Bad Mama....that'll sell some tickets
½ December 12, 2007
I wanted to see this movie after I saw Roger Cormans Death Race 2000 and It kept me on my toes and I liked it!
½ December 3, 2007
Not good at all, but heck, I mean, Angie Dickinson!
September 4, 2007
This is another movie I would like to see again, it's been a very long time and I don't remember if I liked it or not.
August 14, 2007
cheeseball raunch with a very positive attitude. see tom skerritt's original 'stache! mercifully short.