Big Bad Wolves Reviews

• Apr 11, 2019

A great foreign suspense film, not so much horror but more of a shock film.

A great foreign suspense film, not so much horror but more of a shock film.

• Nov 24, 2018

A good movie with an awesome ending. A crazy story of a man determine to extract the location of his daughters head, thinking the man is guilty. All movie I was led to be;ieve the man was innocent, but in the end he was guilty. Not only that, but they killed him before he revealed the location of the 2nd mans daughter, who had just found out his daughter went missing. Crazy movie.

• May 19, 2017

A dark, nasty little film from Israel with a fiendish sense of humor.

A dark, nasty little film from Israel with a fiendish sense of humor.

• Oct 19, 2016

A wickedly Dark film with hints of humor throughout, Big Bad Wolves is as bold as it's title and it's not afraid to shock you from start to end. Without giving anything away, the film is centered around a series of brutal murders as a father of one of the victims and a vigilante police detective begin to act outside the law. It's a film with a fresh and unique feel to it as it mesmerizes you as a viewer through it's fantastic production value, superb editing techniques and continuous suspense. The narrative is strong and the events that occur and unpredictable, making them even more shocking. It's certainly a film that stays with you as a viewer

• Sep 30, 2016

This dark and twisted film is absolutely phenomenal. It's a hilarious horrifying look at torture.

• Jul 15, 2016

A queasy torture film that was loved by Quentin Tarantino deals with a lot of dark subject matter (torture, child murder/molestation, kidnapping, murder, police brutality, revenge) in the black comedy/thriller fashion that QT would approve of. When a little girl is kidnapped and found dead and headless in the park, her father abducts the man suspected of doing it, but without any proof beyond a shaky witness maybe saw him. A hapless cop is also abducted for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The question of if this person is guilty supposedly adds to the tension and ambiguity, but also adds to the uneasiness of what you're watching. Said events are filmed handsomely with the dark shadows and slow, ominous camera movements really setting the tone. The ending tries to console and consolidate these feelings, but leaves things feeling hollow.

• Jun 26, 2016

The dark humour makes the subject matter better to swallow, while the score and the acting make it a taut and rewarding thriller

• May 20, 2016

Dark and funny. It keeps you on the edge all the time. Great actors!

Dark and funny. It keeps you on the edge all the time. Great actors!

• Jan 01, 2016

Darkly intense thriller which is not for those with a weak stomach. Pretty gross in parts but weirdly funny in places too (in an incongruous manner). Don't know if I would recommend as such... but if you like analysing script, style and the workings of films like me give it a go.

• Dec 09, 2015

Obviously, Tarantino finds this film a marvel. Totally his style. The paedophile subject is really getting popular in films. Here again. It's a bit too easy. In this film, we don't have a shred of evidence that the prime suspect is guilty. He does not look the part of gruesome killer at all. Even I that have encounters many killers of many types, I could not imagine this one guilty. So, the whole thing really was insane when a cop and a father's victim decided they had found their murderer. I was annoyed, I was creeped out, but then it turned out a bit funny. Enough to be watchable and wonder how it was going to finish. What was going to be the jokes? Some were predictable, obvious even. The guilt about the victims was ironic. I even admit, I had a sweaty smell by the end. This explains the three stars instead of two. Unfortunately, the end was disappointing, for children are not that much of suckers. I am still waiting for a film that makes the abducted child, the winner. Abductors don't really expect the child to be able to outwit and overcome them. I'm not talking home alone, I'm talking reversal of situation for adults.