The Big Bus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big Bus Reviews

November 5, 2015
Amazing production values and effects aside, 'Big Bus' feels less like a spoof than just another sub par disaster flick with a joke thrown in here and there. Flat characters do nothing to support thin, uninventive gags that feel shoehorned rather than woven into a nutty tapestry, like Brooks' spoofs.
December 14, 2014
Um ônibus biarticulado de dois andares movido a energia nuclear promete atravessar os Estados Unidos sem fazer paradas. Uma comédia divertida sobre as promessas tecnológicas.
½ May 18, 2014
D.C. must have been the one city this very funny but sloppy film was popular in. I saw it quite a few times in packed houses and remember being really surprised to learn that it flopped like a big old dog on the front porch everywhere else. The terrific cast helps a lot.
December 7, 2013
A film that satirizes the genre of disaster films.
September 30, 2013
A nuclear powered bus is going Non-stop from New York to Denver and is plagued by disasters due to the machinations of a mysterious group allied with the Oil lobby. When the driver is injured a washed up, down on his luck, but used to be great type, who as it happens, used to be engaged to the inventor's daughter is brought in to drive the giant bus which includes a one lane swimming pool and a one lane bowling alley.

stars Joseph Bologna, Stockard Channing, John Beck, Rene Auberjonois, Ruth Gordon, Ned Beatty, Bob Dishy Jose Ferrer and Harold Gould.

directed by James Frawley.
½ January 22, 2013
Somewhat dated but remains one of a kind.
October 16, 2012
Schlocky and tries too hard to be funny. I can think of nothing memorable about it except that it fit the mid-seventies mold for "funny movie". zzzzzzz

TunnelVision and Kentucky Fried Movie started the new funny. This was the opposite.
August 2, 2012
A grossly unsuccessful spoof of the disaster genré with a talented cast doing their best with a ridiculously unfunny script.
½ April 17, 2012
I know this movie gets a pretty bad rap. I actually like the film because it is fairly pioneering. This was made pre Airplane and you have to admit that there are a few similarities. Not better than Airplane or even close to that level of comedy but this movie was simply ahead of its time.
January 20, 2012
This big budget spoof of irwin Allen films had a great 70's cast. Joe Bologna was a decent stand-in for Pacino... or so that's how it struck me. Jose Ferrer, Stockard Channing, and Lynn Redgrave were especially good in their respective roles
December 20, 2011
Very much a mixed bag with a lot of talented performers trapped in this scattershot mess. Tries to lampoon the disaster movie craze and scores occasionally but mostly of the jokes fall flat.
½ June 27, 2011
The biggest bus disaster movie of them all.

Occansionally very funny spoof of sinking poseidons, burning skyscrapers, run away trains and other movie topics of the '70s, but here the story evolves around a nuclear-powered bus which is supposed to go straight to Denver from New York without any stops.

Some things are more fun than others. The co-plot with Larry "JR" Hagman as the car parking doctor for example and Burt from SOAP in the living divorce that doesn´t work and the scenes form the bus drivers bar in the beginning. "Look out! He's got a broken milk carton! "

It's much like a movie like Airplane! and such, and it's good looking, It's just a bit short of jokes all around and some speed, eventhogh it is breaking wind at 90!

Great cast, kind of great fun, partually
½ April 7, 2011
The Big Bus, something in the movie are funny.
But when a ready about the movie a was thinking it will be a very good comedy movie.
But it's not.
Just something's are funny in The Big Bus and nothing more then that.
November 16, 2010
A fun film, it got some funny moments.
October 12, 2010
seeing were this movie was going i stoped watching it at 10 mins
October 7, 2010
At first, the movie actually seems like it will be a decent stupid comedy, but the movie just plunders. To make it worse, it seemed like The Big Bus never even really tried to stop plundering. It just got worse and worse, and I do not know why I finished the movie, but I did.
May 25, 2010
Typical slapstick comedy, some gags work, some dont.
May 6, 2010
I want to see this movie again - anybody know where I can find it?
½ March 21, 2010
Nostalgi, var väl ok men jag vette fan.
½ February 27, 2010
by watching this movie you can realy enjoy the fun from it :D
i didn´t see it for about twenty yers and I love it :)))
Czech Republic