Big Daddy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Daddy Reviews

½ July 14, 2016
My all-time favorite Adam Sandler comedy.
June 13, 2016
Big Daddy is a hilarious and heartwarming movie. It is impossible not to laugh. Adam Sandler is comedy gold in this movie. This is probably my favorite 90's movie of his. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ May 28, 2016
Big Daddy is directed by Dennis Dugan, and it stars Adam Sandler and the Sprouse Twins about a bachelor who doesn't want to take in responsibility for adult life, that is until someone delivered a baby to him that's for his roommate, but his roommate is going somewhere else, so he's stuck with the kid. Big Daddy is honestly one of the last Adam Sandler films that Dennis Dugan directed that is actually really good as his later films are not that funny. Adam Sandler is really good in it and has the comedic timing for the jokes that are in this. Cole and Dylan Sprouse are surprisingly good for that young age and shared some laughs in this film. Even Rob Schneider, who plays a bit more of a subtle character than other Adam Sandler films with him in it, gets chuckles out of me which makes me glad about it. There are some jokes that were a miss, but most of the time, I was laughing quite a bit. The beginning is usually a bit rough for usual Adam Sandler films, but when the plot settles in, that's when it starts to get really good. I like the chemistry between Sonny and Julian is really sweet as Adam Sandler plays his charms off in this that make me convinced that he can be a good father. There are some moments that I thought were going in the route that'll make me irritated, but it surprisingly doesn't which makes me a bit relived, even though there are some tropes here or there that were familiar to me. Big Daddy is a funny film that really didn't deserve the nominations for some Razzies in my opinion.
May 15, 2016
I've seen it, I think I liked it but I don't remember it!
½ April 24, 2016
Completely unrealistic but easy and fun enough to watch. The kid is far too cute and kept my interest going despite too many jokes about women that work at Hooters. The roguish charm of the characters and the mushy romance must have pulled through because I was rooting for them all in the end.
½ March 28, 2016
I had to take off half a star for Hooters jokes and really the way they tried to resolve the movie.
This movie was so funny to me. The Sprouse twins played their part beautifully, being a convincing mix of having fun and unbearable tantrum. Sandler felt like how I think I would handle my first child, should that ever happen.
February 10, 2016
One of my favorite movies!
jamrcla
½ January 30, 2016
Good but falls abit flat, But decent comedy at times, Even if it is predictable.
January 19, 2016
Stupid and immature, not funny, and the "heartfelt" moments were forced and trite. No charm or fun, just annoying. Adam Sandler is an idiot.
January 9, 2016
Love this film! Not a fan of Adam Sandler, but this is always a classic for our family!
December 30, 2015
I first watched this in 2006. I said "Adam sander will always be so funny!" I was so wrong but this movie shows the non demented Adam sander so I liked it.
December 23, 2015
A serviceable vehicle for Sandler, Big Daddy doesn't manage to avoid the excesses of sap and immaturity that plague all his comedies.
½ December 21, 2015
One of sandler's better comedies, with more heart and a child to make the childish comedy seem less childish.
½ December 20, 2015
The film has potential and it has it's best nostalgic moments.
½ October 16, 2015
In terms of Adam Sandler movies, it has a more refined blend of its immature humor and the genuine story its trying to tell. That said its still painfully pedestrian and generic.
October 15, 2015
Another favorite from the Adam Sandler 1990's collection. Anytime Sandler has an outburst it simply turns into laughs for the audience. From being late to breakfast at McDonald's or telling off Old Man River, Adam Sandler brings the rage and hilarity. 'Big Daddy' is quotable and full of laughs from start to finish. One last notable, Mr Herlihy aka "The Hell Yes guy" is gold in his brief appearances.
September 21, 2015
Best Adam Sandler movie ever!
September 21, 2015
There's a surprising amount of heart, but also an unfortunate lack of laughs, Big Daddy is mildly amusing and a movie you can relax and enjoy, but as expected, it's no cinematic achievement.
½ September 20, 2015
Not my favorite Adam Sandler movie but many of his fans really like it and it has many sad moments!
½ September 17, 2015
Charming with a few little funny jokes here and there, but Big Daddy cannot sustain on its own with the negative themes.