Big Daddy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Daddy Reviews

½ September 17, 2015
Charming with a few little funny jokes here and there, but Big Daddy cannot sustain on its own with the negative themes.
½ September 4, 2015
Pretty charming little Sandler pic, even with its overly emotional moments.
½ August 22, 2015
Awesome movie for everyone
½ August 10, 2015
Touching story with great acting from Ben on Friends
August 7, 2015
All because of Adam Sandler....... Geez
August 7, 2015
While being stupid, like all Adam Sandler movies, this is his best one, and is super funny and emotional.
½ August 4, 2015
"Oh sweet child of mine."
August 3, 2015
Adam Sandler is a great dad in this movie!
½ August 3, 2015
It is nothing special but Adam Sandler been an irresponsible-man child decides to 'borrow' his roommate's son to prove to his girlfriend how mature he is where he takes him for a MacDonald's breakfast but they turn out to be 30 mins and 4 secs late, his 'son' goes to school and causes mayhem such as breaking a boy's arm and weeing in a plant but then there are surprising results. I did enjoy this film it is a good enough comedy for me.
½ July 30, 2015
Dull and boring, Big Daddy lacks humor, heart, and all the content a decent comedy would have
July 28, 2015
Didn't make me laugh a lot but a family film, classic Adam sandler and would probably watch again.
July 21, 2015
I know this movie is silly and crass. But it came out in 1999 and I was at a different point in my life. It helped me confirm that I could not wait to be a father. And after watching it again 16 years later now with an 8-year-old, it reconfirms my deep passion for my son.
July 20, 2015
Ehhh, mellows out decently. :/
½ July 19, 2015
A predictable but charming Sandler comedy.
½ July 18, 2015
Adam Sandler tries to add tenderness to his movies for a change, but old habits die hard as coarse comedy prevails.
½ July 17, 2015
One of Adam Sandler's best performances.
July 12, 2015
It's the usual mediocre Sandler outing with some good laughs, plenty of charm and crude humor as he tries to adopt a little boy.
July 5, 2015
how can i see the movies?
½ July 5, 2015
Good story, funny, good movie.
July 2, 2015
Big Daddy is one of Sandler's better comedies and one of the last films of his to be in at least decent quality, it's fun but has a little bit of an overly cutesy feel.
Sonny Koufax finds a 6 year old on his doorstep (literally) and cannot find a foster family to give him to. Thus, Sonny's lazy days are over becoming a temporary father, learning that it's a lot of work but fun comes along the way, avoiding the foster home as much as he can and regretting his past decisions.
Big Daddy depends on its cutesy scenes of a young Sprouse twin and its chemistry with Sandler, which works decently but feels a bit forced: There's not much comedy from a Sandler film but what it does attempt at comedy is boring scenes featuring Sandler and his friends chatting about Julian. Sandler's character isn't much like his others, typically a screaming idiot who redeems himself in the end, that's exactly what Sonny is, though, but the feel isn't right for a Sandler film. Even if they casted a different lead role the film suffers from numerous flaws. The pros include a young Jon Stewart in a small role, Sprouse's character being somewhat likable, and the ending, proving itself to still have a happy ending but not an extremely predictable one. It's not bad but it's not great, often overlooked.