The Big Lebowski - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big Lebowski Reviews

December 12, 2017
Vibrant and stunning surrealism augmented with a complex and hilarious plot brought to life by the under-appreciated Bridges/Goodman comedy team. A spectacular out-of-this-world comedy which by now is less of a cult classic and more of a cornerstone in late '90s cinema.
December 9, 2017
Possibly the best film ever made.
December 4, 2017
The Big Lebowski is pure unfiltered entertainment. Great cast, original story, many laughs and quotes that will stick with you long after the movie has ended.
November 5, 2017
I love the Dude. The Coen brothers' 'The Big Lebowski' is a rare -how rare-exemple of a great comedy.
November 1, 2017
The Big Lebowski: The Coen Brothers grim, dark, intellegent, and laugh out loud humor makes the Big Lebowski a masterpeice, packed with adult themes and masterful storytelling with impressive writing and style.
October 29, 2017
Awesome! not what i was expecting at all. Really fun and funny
October 24, 2017
Absolutely unique and hilarious. It's impossible to not like "The Dude" and Walter, which complement each other in their weird idiosyncrasies. My favorite Coen Brothers movie by far!
October 15, 2017
I know it's just like my opinion man, but this is in my all time top 5 favorite movies.
½ October 14, 2017
Finally, watched it. It is a very average film. Thus, average score. Was not even funny. If not for the cast I would have scored it 2 stars.
October 7, 2017
It is an absolute classic
September 24, 2017
So, I heard so much about this "classic" and I finally got to see it... I am not quite sure whether it's the length of the film or non-plot and the absurdity of it, but I still have the same reaction when it finished - WTF?
September 18, 2017
The Big Brilliant Coen Brothers @ their Best, my favourite. This cast is stellar and narrated by Sam Elliot...OMG. This should be a 100% for casting and characterization alone.
September 18, 2017
A strange film in that essentially nothing really happens yet Jeff Bridges' fantastic performance keeps the audience engaged.
August 26, 2017
I'll have a White Russian
½ August 23, 2017
Brilliant. Loved it.
August 18, 2017
I Like The Swearing In This Movie.
½ August 17, 2017
Total piece of shit.
August 13, 2017
One of the best movies I've ever seen that Jeff Bridges starred in besides True Grit. Also one of the best movies John Goodman starred in besides Monsters Inc., Monsters University, Speed Racer, and more.
½ August 9, 2017
Unique film. Very solid dialogue and jokes throughout. Solid craftsmanship by the Coen Brothers threaded together by the performance of Jeff Bridges and John Goodman. Reminded me of a Tarantino movie without the gore. I love movies that are fun to quote...

"I'm the Dude, so that's what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing" -The Dude

"This is what happens when you f*ck a stranger in the ass, Larry." -Walter

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." -The Dude

"The Dude abides" -The Dude

"That rug really tied the room together."
½ August 8, 2017
I watched this movie based on reviews and word of mouth. However this movie was so boring to me. My girlfriend told me she was bored 1 hr into and and I told her maybe it's a slow buildup to something great. However we were disappointed. I was really giving this movie a chance.