The Big Lebowski - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big Lebowski Reviews

January 22, 2017
I had a friend in college who drank White Russians because of the dude. Pretty good film and hilarious at parts.
January 18, 2017
My favourite comedy of all time.
January 17, 2017
The dude is a great character. Really confusing
January 15, 2017
One of the Coen's best films.
½ January 14, 2017
Instantly memorable and endlessly quotable. Count me in as a member of the Church of the Latter-Day Dude.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.3/10 - 4.4/5
½ January 8, 2017
Was really disappointed by the Big Lebowski. Mostly unfunny and repetitive, I found it hard to enjoy this one. The performances are good, Jeff Bridges is great and John Goodman steals every scene he is in. The story from the Coen brothers had potential, although is all very convenient and coincidental, but from a directorial point of view, they couldn't pull it off.
½ December 13, 2016
"This is what happens Larry when you fuck a stranger in the ass" good film, john goodman is great in this. Didn't think it was anything special but still worth checking out
December 7, 2016
Humour that is clever and doesn't rely on stupidity, regardless of how cartoonish the characters may seem.
November 28, 2016
With a witty script and charming performances, The Big Lebowski is smart, bizarre and hilarious.
November 28, 2016
A baffling but wonderful film that revels in elements that would be other film's flaws.
November 24, 2016
The "Dude," another specimen in the Coen gallery of fascinating, eccentric characters, easily wins our sympathy thanks especially to Jeff Bridges, who is wonderful and shines together with John Goodman in a very funny and engaging story.
½ November 22, 2016
There are a not insignificant number of absolutely classic movies that I have somehow missed up to this point in my life. The Big Lebowski was one of the more egregious examples. Was...until now. Keeping in mind that I have lived half my life being bombarded by slobbering praise and endless quotes from this cult classic, I tried to watch with as open a mind as I possibly could, taking special care to guard against too lofty of expectations. Having said all that, it is pretty damn funny. The characters are cartoonish in there actions and dialogue, and the story is ridiculous beyond belief at times, not to mention some extremely bizarre dream sequences that seem to exist only to not allow the audience to get too comfortable with the tone, but it all works. Jeff Bridges is perfect, as is John Goodman. The supporting cast all fit very nicely in their spots, regardless of how senseless their roles may be. The story is compelling, somehow. I have no doubt that with more viewings (and a few bong hits) I would grow to love this movie as much as everyone else. So, to the other guy who hasn't seen this movie, if you read this, go ahead. You won't be sorry.
November 21, 2016
Not much to say but "The Dude abides"
½ November 19, 2016
The Big Lebowski had a very original and funny plot. The characters were very unique and were truly brought to life by these strong performances.
½ November 18, 2016
this movie is slow and doesn't really follow standard Movie progression, and I like that it's experimental. It's a funny yet interesting movie.
November 14, 2016
I love this film unconditionally. The best Raymond Chandler pastiche ever made ... and that includes "Chinatown" (though that's a super tough call to make).
½ November 12, 2016
It's hard not to like The Dude and his style. The Big Lebowski is certainly the best and most entertaining of all of the Coen Brothers movies by far. Very original and memorable. There's just one thing. Do they have to use so many cuss words? (First viewing - Spring 2007)
½ October 30, 2016
The Big Lebowski is funny and entertaining but lacks empathetic characters and doesn't have much of a rewatchable value.