The Big Lebowski - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

½ January 31, 2018
(89/100)
Pretty funny.
January 30, 2018
The cultiest movie of the 90s.... here it is! Funny from the first second to the last, full of crazy and unforgettable characters, brilliantly written and directed. I am not even sure is the best movie of the Coen B. but it is definitely the most unforgettable. Un-missable!
January 29, 2018
Perhaps the greatest comedy of all time.
January 21, 2018
You're out of your fucking element Donnie!
January 16, 2018
Love this movie. That carpet really pulled the room together...
January 13, 2018
****
Rewatching this for the first time since I originally saw it in 2015, it's definitely better than I remember and I did appreciate it more. Undeniably well-made, endlessly quotable and with two fantastic lead performances from Jeff Bridges and John Goodman, this is one hell of an enjoyable ride. I still think it's a bit inconsequential, like most of the Coen Brothers' comedies, but the characters are strong enough to make the film worthwhile anyway.
January 4, 2018
Awesome! not what i was expecting at all. cant believe it took me so long to see this. Really fun and funny
January 2, 2018
This movie is without a doubt, one of the most clever and funniest movies that I've ever watched in my life, with a hilarious perfomances from John Goodman (as crazed Vietnam veteran Walter Sobchak) and the unforegettable lead perfomance by Jeff Bridges (as "The Dude"), this is a comedy so timeless that nowadays comedies cannot match. Definitely has become one of my favorites.
Rating: 8 out of 10.
December 26, 2017
M-F-O

8.7

[Joel & Ethan Coen]
½ December 25, 2017
One of the funniest movies ever. The best part about this movie is the humor you have to pay attention to get; and it's not a bad plot, either. A Coen brothers classic.
December 25, 2017
Very, Very funny, and hip. One of the great comedies of all time
December 12, 2017
Vibrant and stunning surrealism augmented with a complex and hilarious plot brought to life by the under-appreciated Bridges/Goodman comedy team. A spectacular out-of-this-world comedy which by now is less of a cult classic and more of a cornerstone in late '90s cinema.
December 9, 2017
Possibly the best film ever made.
December 4, 2017
The Big Lebowski is pure unfiltered entertainment. Great cast, original story, many laughs and quotes that will stick with you long after the movie has ended.
November 5, 2017
I love the Dude. The Coen brothers' 'The Big Lebowski' is a rare -how rare-exemple of a great comedy.
November 1, 2017
The Big Lebowski: The Coen Brothers grim, dark, intellegent, and laugh out loud humor makes the Big Lebowski a masterpeice, packed with adult themes and masterful storytelling with impressive writing and style.
October 24, 2017
Absolutely unique and hilarious. It's impossible to not like "The Dude" and Walter, which complement each other in their weird idiosyncrasies. My favorite Coen Brothers movie by far!
October 15, 2017
I know it's just like my opinion man, but this is in my all time top 5 favorite movies.
½ October 14, 2017
Finally, watched it. It is a very average film. Thus, average score. Was not even funny. If not for the cast I would have scored it 2 stars.
October 7, 2017
It is an absolute classic