The Big Lebowski - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big Lebowski Reviews

January 4, 2018
Awesome! not what i was expecting at all. cant believe it took me so long to see this. Really fun and funny
January 2, 2018
This movie is without a doubt, one of the most clever and funniest movies that I've ever watched in my life, with a hilarious perfomances from John Goodman (as crazed Vietnam veteran Walter Sobchak) and the unforegettable lead perfomance by Jeff Bridges (as "The Dude"), this is a comedy so timeless that nowadays comedies cannot match. Definitely has become one of my favorites.
Rating: 8 out of 10.
December 26, 2017
M-F-O

8.7

[Joel & Ethan Coen]
½ December 25, 2017
One of the funniest movies ever. The best part about this movie is the humor you have to pay attention to get; and it's not a bad plot, either. A Coen brothers classic.
December 25, 2017
Very, Very funny, and hip. One of the great comedies of all time
December 12, 2017
Vibrant and stunning surrealism augmented with a complex and hilarious plot brought to life by the under-appreciated Bridges/Goodman comedy team. A spectacular out-of-this-world comedy which by now is less of a cult classic and more of a cornerstone in late '90s cinema.
December 9, 2017
Possibly the best film ever made.
December 4, 2017
The Big Lebowski is pure unfiltered entertainment. Great cast, original story, many laughs and quotes that will stick with you long after the movie has ended.
November 5, 2017
I love the Dude. The Coen brothers' 'The Big Lebowski' is a rare -how rare-exemple of a great comedy.
November 1, 2017
The Big Lebowski: The Coen Brothers grim, dark, intellegent, and laugh out loud humor makes the Big Lebowski a masterpeice, packed with adult themes and masterful storytelling with impressive writing and style.
October 24, 2017
Absolutely unique and hilarious. It's impossible to not like "The Dude" and Walter, which complement each other in their weird idiosyncrasies. My favorite Coen Brothers movie by far!
October 15, 2017
I know it's just like my opinion man, but this is in my all time top 5 favorite movies.
½ October 14, 2017
Finally, watched it. It is a very average film. Thus, average score. Was not even funny. If not for the cast I would have scored it 2 stars.
October 7, 2017
It is an absolute classic
September 24, 2017
So, I heard so much about this "classic" and I finally got to see it... I am not quite sure whether it's the length of the film or non-plot and the absurdity of it, but I still have the same reaction when it finished - WTF?
September 18, 2017
The Big Brilliant Coen Brothers @ their Best, my favourite. This cast is stellar and narrated by Sam Elliot...OMG. This should be a 100% for casting and characterization alone.
September 18, 2017
A strange film in that essentially nothing really happens yet Jeff Bridges' fantastic performance keeps the audience engaged.
August 26, 2017
I'll have a White Russian
½ August 23, 2017
Brilliant. Loved it.
August 18, 2017
I Like The Swearing In This Movie.