• R, 1 hr. 58 min.

—— Last Man Standing: Season 3
—— Unforgettable: Season 3

The Big Lebowski Reviews

December 19, 2011
Take bowling,Nihilists,veterans, and a rug and you get The Big Lebowski.
April 12, 2014
This is the Holy Bible of cult movies. But despite all the quotability, It's laid back attitude is always enjoyable.
davidhill132
April 8, 2014
Because I can't give less than 1/2.
April 7, 2014
A crime-kidnap-bowling-nihilism mystery in true Coen style..
April 2, 2014
Eccentric & out there, The Big Lebowski certainly has all the right elements to make for a cult film. The character interactions are sharp, as is the dialogue and the plotting, but the overall sense I got from the film is that it's an acquired taste. It's just one I haven't acquired (as of yet). Insufficiently funny to be a comedy, and not deep enough to be a drama, The Big Lebowski feels like a film you have to be in the mood for, almost like you have to love it immediately or never. The ensemble cast performs good, especially Jeff Bridges, but nothing to write home about. If somewhere down the road I watch it again, I won't turn it off, but I won't be looking for a second viewing anytime soon.
March 31, 2014
It was one of the strangest movies I have ever watched... but that sure doesn't mean that I didn't like it.
March 23, 2014
Fabulous. Jeff Bridges did a great job the role he plays.. One of the better comedy movies I seen ..
March 23, 2014
Tour de force in bizarro world. John Good is simply amazing as Walther ....
March 20, 2014
"This is what happens Larry when you fuck a stranger in the ass!" ROFLMFAO
Sgt. Cockstrain
March 19, 2014
(69%)
A fantastically well acted, sharply written crime comedy that ranks amongst the best of the decade. Some of the ideas may not work that brilliantly (although the ferret scene was a stoke of genius), and the last quarter just needed a little extra something as it feels like the movie runs out of ideas and simply stops rather than properly ending. But this is still a very funny, well-made and enjoyable slice of cinema from the Coen's.
Jacob Parkin
March 15, 2014
The Best Coen Brothers Film Features The Honest Life Living "Dude" And Him And His 2 Friends Walter And Donnie As They Go Threw The Movie With The Best Quotable Lines The Best Plot With Bunny Being Kidnapped And A All Around Great Masterpiece Of Comedy Drama And Much More That Makes This One Of The Greatest Movies Of All Time The Dude Abides!
March 14, 2014
This is one of the worst pieces of unfunny crap I've ever seen.

The entire point of the movie seems to be to see how many times the word "fuck" can be worked into a sentence, and how many times this or that action can be referred to as "fucking (someone) up the ass" or "being fucked up the ass."

Now, I have no problem with "fuck" and its many variations; I use it quite often myself. But merely throwing 15 variations of "fuck" into a sentence does NOT make it funny. If a line is not funny without "fuck," it isn't any funner with it, either.

I'm also a bit of a "diehard"-- once I start to watch a movie, I watch it all the way through, even if it's quickly apparent that the movie is a piece of crap. Not with this one, though. After about 45 minutes, I became so fed up with the sheer stupidity and brainlessness of it that I said, "Why am I wasting my time on this crap?" and turned it off.

My only consolation is that I was watching a rented movie, and hadn't actually paid to see this pathetic piece of crap in a theater.
May 20, 2012
One of the greatest cult classics.
January 9, 2014
The Big Lebowski has an outrageously entertaining off-the-wall story, and that's great, but what I love about it the most is its use of particularly exaggerated imagery. It seems aimless at times, but that just adds to the fun of it. Coupled with hilarious rapid-fire dialogue, flawless direction, a variety of great characters, and a few subtleties that I just love, this is one of the most unique movies I've ever seen, and among the best from the Coen brothers.
March 8, 2014
One of the most funniest and irreverent films I have ever seen from Joel and Ethan Coen. With spectacular cinematography, smartly written dialogue, an original storyline, and a killer soundtrack, The Big Lebowski is just awesome! Plus, the performances from Goodman and Bridges is very memorable. No other comedy in the 90s brought so many laughs than The Big Lebowski. This movie is one of the best I've seen from the Coen brothers (next to Fargo, of course).
October 1, 2011
A brilliant comedy, full of rich characters and a fantastic, totally original storyline.
March 6, 2014
Bridges is pitch perfect, but to me "The Big Lebowski" sits among the least engaging of the Coen's pictures. The Dude's strange journey through the seedy underbelly of LA has its highlights, but there's definitely a mix of characters that work and those that don't. The German anarchists are SNL-level stereotypical caricatures, and I found the unbridled belligerence of Walter more obnoxious than funny. Goodman sure sells us on that nutjob, though-- perhaps I simply felt The Dude yelling at him after he botches the scattering of ashes isn't cathartic when considering all of his bull-headed idiocy from the previous 2 hours... Regardless, there's a mythic quality on display in "Lebowski" (In large part due to Sam Elliots glorious presence) that I really enjoyed, and which would be used to greater effect in "O' Brother Where Art Thou." It also has one of my favorite opening credits sequences ever.
March 5, 2014
I had forgotten how good this movie was till I saw it again. Spot on acting and great script writing, this movie is timeless. Situational weed comedy at its best, you can't help but loving and hating each character. Great cast. Please please watch it. You know I don't say that a lot!!
Matt H.
March 4, 2014
There is simply no amount of words that can contain The Big Lebowski. Every little detail is thought out and executed with a master's touch by the Coen brothers. The one thing I will mention is that I felt so bad for Donny (Steve Buscemi), who was constantly being tormented by John Goodman, but it added an extra little treat to the film that the Dude never directly talked to him throughout the 117 minute run time.
March 4, 2014
Brilliant alll around!!!! funny and twisted in a way that only the Coen Brothers can do! Also super amazing performances from Bridges and Goodman! "