Big Miracle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Miracle Reviews

January 1, 2015
Enjoyable animal movie and Drew Barrymore fans!
½ December 31, 2014
One of the most poorly-written and poorly-acted movies I've ever seen. Only John Krasinski is good in this.
December 10, 2014
About saving grey whales. True story from 1988.
½ December 8, 2014
Probably takes some liberties in telling a true news story from the 80s, but does it with such a charm and big heart that you can't help but like the result. Of course that's somewhat predictable, but the decent cast and lovable message make it work. They didn't make films like that for a while, but sometimes this is exactly what you need on a dark winter afternoon. Kids will love it, for sure.
October 28, 2014
Great family entertainment with some humor to laugh occasionally. It has it's flaws but they are easily overlooked.
September 24, 2014
If you love "Dolphin Tale" and other nature films, then you'll like this really good, heart-warming, thrilling tale that's caring when the story's told. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording)
½ September 1, 2014
Don't remember this story from the news. Wish I did so I could have appreciated a lil bit more
August 31, 2014
Ugh! Make these movies stop immediately!!
½ August 30, 2014
Predictable & lame acting...too bad cause the story line had such potential
½ August 30, 2014
the performances are refreshing, visuals are eye catching and the overall impact of the movie is solid.
July 10, 2014
What a beautiful movie. The whole community saves the whales before they suffocate. I wish more people in this world would care about animals in this this way.
June 24, 2014
it was a good movie and i like the fact they kept the death of the baby but i wish they would of kept the whales inuit names and not the flinstones. I think it would of made a better documentary with all the footage they have access to then featured film.
April 26, 2014
Well ... I have to admit that this isn't an outright awful movie, it's competently made and all that, but I really hate it. It's the kind of film where everybody appears to have been so self-congratulatory about making a film that supports the brave statement that whales shouldn't die pointlessly, that they really didn't put much effort into making a decent film. The story is populated by 2 dimensional characters, dull, predictable plot points and lazy acting. I feel insulted that a major studio wasted my time with this pablum.
April 22, 2014
The best part of the movie was that it was based on actual events. Fair to poor performances dragged the movie down, though.
½ April 13, 2014
Did not stink as I thought it would. Kind of touching.
½ April 13, 2014
Just a overly dramatic movie.
April 6, 2014
At first i thought its gonna be like Free Willy or Dolphin Tale, but no, it's whales on the ice, and in need of help to be rescued. Then what, they got saved, and what else, nothing to care for, really nothing to care for, not even the characters who play themselves I mean the actors playing themselves not who they playing it, I don't know it's a big miracle!
April 4, 2014
Simple yet kind of effective
March 27, 2014
Ballenas, no es la historia que nos cambia la vida pero si resulta entretenida y hasta inspiradora.
March 21, 2014
What a wonderful,awesome,fantastic,well made movie.not many movies come along that make you think and feel what the whales are feeling and that there is something bigger than yourself!i plan on buying this movie and its one movie I can watch many times and share with my family!well done!