Big Miracle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Miracle Reviews

½ February 12, 2014
It was a good movie with a sad moment.Overall I kinda liked it.
February 2, 2014
here is another example of flixter loosing my rating AND my review on this a delightful framily pic
½ January 26, 2014
Adam Carlson (John Krasinski): [Adam sits down across from Jill at a restaurant; looks at the menu] I usually get the breakfast burrito, which is fantastic... but the pile o' pancakes with a side of ham steak is tempting. What do you think I should get?
Jill Jerard (Kirsten Bell): The name of a good cardiologist?

A token feel-good film version based on true events. Just what you'd expect: people disagree at first, then at one point when they finally see the bigger picture decide to do the right thing and gather together for a greater cause. It's cute but a bit too sugary-sweet-kumabaya for me. I liked the actual footage of the events spliced in with the ending credits- that was pretty neat. I do like the fact that the story of the colonel and the White House aide was real, that subplot was probably as interesting as the story of the whales themselves. And I liked the two inventor guys, from Minnesota (I think); I thought they were adorable characters. Overall, this movie was okay to watch, no really that boring to sit through but I was glad it was free on HBO because I wouldn't have wanted to pay to watch it otherwise.
½ January 18, 2014
"Even though they're big and powerful, they're so much like us. We're vulnerable and we get scared. We need help sometimes too."

--The whales are so appealing, and the fight to free them from their ice prison so excitingly feel-good, that all cynicism is put aside.
January 11, 2014
2014-01-11 yay for Fred and Wilma
½ January 8, 2014
This was a very slow movie and failed to keep the audience entertained. It had no heart and the actors delivered horrible performances! Nothing to see here!!
January 6, 2014
Definitely a much better movie than I initially thought.
January 2, 2014
I want to see this movie
½ December 19, 2013
story of the best of humanity (with the help of some prodding)
½ December 2, 2013
...an enthralling motion picture that seemingly started out as simple and diverted into something valuable and unifying.
November 28, 2013
Digital copy
Digital c
½ November 13, 2013
great feel good movie
October 24, 2013
oh my gosh i want to see this soo badly!!
October 23, 2013
cute in a freezing cold sort of way.
½ October 15, 2013
Um drama ralo. Big Miracle tem algum divertimento inofensivo com as peculiaridades do longínquo Alasca, juntamente com o povo e suas tradições. Mas o filme torna-se distraído com artifícios e subtramas românticos piegas e é ha muito cuidado no ar para não pintar ninguém como um vilão.
October 5, 2013
mainstream to the core and for the audience it's intended ticks all the boxes. a little inspiring
October 3, 2013
Love true stories!!!!
September 29, 2013
An inspiring film (based on a true incident) about how people collaborated to free some whales in peril in Alaska.
½ September 28, 2013
Big Miracle, beyond its bland, nondescript title, delivers exactly what the coming attraction promised, an enjoyable save-the-whales" tale. I say SEE IT!!!
September 25, 2013
Uplifting family wildlife-drama that is a heavily produced but at least it's based on a true story.