Big Shot's Funeral - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Shot's Funeral Reviews

½ December 10, 2013
a twisted farce i liked it
½ February 8, 2012
Very entertaining, but without a meaningful story behind.
December 20, 2010
??? 1/2,
August 20, 2010
One of my favorites from director Feng Xiaogang. I got to hang out with him and others in the crew when they filmed it in Beijing in the summer of 2001. Fun times!
November 5, 2009
LOL like that also can... ;p
April 21, 2009
lmao!!!!! the funniest thing ever!
½ April 18, 2009
Feng Xiaogang & Ge You film. I love the kid acting the Chinese emperor drinking Coca Cola in the Forbidden City. Has America commercialized Chinese culture? In fact, the story turns out to be the Chinese commercializing the funeral of a well-respected American as a crazy advertising event. Funny and sarcastic. Great screenplay, but it got a bit squeezed toward the end.
January 22, 2009
feng xiaogang is the man! the movie is so f* hilarious. should've watch it a long time ago.
½ November 16, 2008
This DVD has been sitting on my shelf for 7 years. I should have watched it a long time ago. Very intelligent and funny comedy. If you can find it, watch it!
August 22, 2008
Finally something funny to watch!
½ August 16, 2008
This Is My FIRST Feng Xiao Gang's Movie.. I Enjoyed His Dark Humour About How Capitalism Has Swarmed China.
½ April 28, 2008
A bit trippy, but good fun and good chemistry between You Ge and Donald Sutherland.
½ April 4, 2008
Pretty funny modern Chinese film about the ubiquity of advertising. A movie director is about to die and he wants his newfound Chinese cameraman friend to arrange a comedy funeral for him which ends up being overrun with advertising. It's not particularly deep in its analysis, but it's funny enough to make it an enjoyable watch. For some reason, Donald Sutherland is in this.
April 1, 2008
A Collaboration with A-list good actors in two different movie industries (China, and Hollywood). Feng XiaoGang put them all together, and pulled out a dark humoured satire about modern day advertising and a different perspective of death. Once again proving to us that you don't need grosse dialogues to be funny.
March 14, 2008
Hilarious....I love You Ge
½ March 9, 2008
Exhilaratingly watchable piece of satire, imposing a critical eye on the matters of death and advertising. Hilarious .
February 29, 2008
interesting idea of the movie so funny
January 27, 2008
comedy shot documentary-style. A joy to view once and then forget about it
January 25, 2008
A very different movie with Rosamund Kwan. Pretty hilarious, pretty interesting idea of the movie but a bit weird.
January 2, 2008
A little bizzare, but not that horrible.