Bigger Fatter Liar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bigger Fatter Liar Reviews

½ June 15, 2017
Big Fat Liar is possibly one of my favorite comedies, but this one doesn't do the original justice. Universal has been making these straight to DVD low budget sequels for some of their films, and most of them aren't good quality. This might be one of the better ones. The other straight to dvd films were almost unwatchable. This one is at least watchable. Some of the positives are the soundtrack, the runtime, some of the cast, and some of the new additions. The soundtrack has some great songs. The runtime is a perfect runtime for a straight to dvd family film, an hour and a half is perfect. Some of the cast fit their roles and some of the new pranks were fun. The negatives are some of the cast and some of the story plots. This film was so similar to the original that at some moments it didn't feel like a different film. Some of the cast were either unbelievable or they didn't fit the part. Overall, this film is a good film to check out with your family once on netflix. It's not a film that someone whos a fan of "Big Fat Liar" should go crazy over.

Rating: 3.8/10
½ June 7, 2017
No one should ever watch this movie
½ June 1, 2017
It's actually a fun movie for young audiences.
½ May 15, 2017
Again wasting time but I did like the lesson learnt by the kid :D
½ May 3, 2017
A remake (sequel?) of the mostly forgotten Frankie Muniz vehicle from nearly 15 years ago; who the hell was this for? The original is no cult classic by any means and those that still remember it have probably reached an age where these types of tween shenagans evoke cringes instead of laughter. For any newcomers it's a lame, watered down version of an already mediocre film. The lead kid also looks very punchable.
April 29, 2017
Nostalgic, it's a very great movie, even makes me feel guilty watching it from all the lies! J
April 28, 2017
Losing just about all of the magic the original had by reusing almost every single joke, Bigger Fatter Liar is I guess what you'd expect it to be, a cheesy sequel with little redeeming qualities.
April 27, 2017
While this film isn't really a connection with the first film, I found it enjoyable for what it was.
½ April 26, 2017
Just awful. Couldn't watch more than 10 min. Literally a shot for shot remake of the first.
½ April 23, 2017
Lack of technological research, bad acting, and the laziest script witting I have ever seen.
If it is not already painfully? obvious, this is a remake of an already mediocre film. It has all the plot elements of the original 2002 feature, but left out all of the interesting parts.
It's not completely clear on what time era this story takes place. The school's computers are over twenty years behind in technology, and the operating system on most of their devices looks like it was thrown together last min.
They treat the video game they are producing as the next biggest AAA title; but the final product bearly passes for a mobile game.
This is just a shameless attempt to mafe a quick buck and relate to a youmger generation.
April 22, 2017
Literally the best movie I have ever seen in my pathetic life
½ April 20, 2017
Though the movie presents itself as a sequel to the original, it plays like a remake without the star power. While watching the movie, I continued to feel this vibe that this movie was intended for a TV release for the write staff of the original to make a few bucks. It could be a lot worse, but as is it is flat and uninspired.
April 20, 2017
Bigger fatter liar is unfortunately pretty much what you would expect it to be. The acting in this film is awful. Even Berry Boswick gives a cringe worthy performance. The plot is predictable and filled with plenty of plot holes. There's really not much else to say about this film it's predictable direct to DVD trash.
April 18, 2017
Just horrible why would they remake it just why?
½ April 18, 2017
Only turned it on to see Barry Bostwick and he didn't save it.