Biggles: Adventures in Time (1988) - Rotten Tomatoes

Biggles: Adventures in Time (1988)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Biggles: Adventures in Time Videos

Biggles: Adventures in Time Photos

Movie Info

Based on a popular series of British fantasy tales, Biggles: Adventures in Time centers on the exploits of a World War I-era British pilot with a knack for time travel. A contemporary businessman unwittingly becomes caught up in Biggles' adventures and journeys through time to defend his new friend.
Rating:

Roy Boyd
as German N.C.O
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Biggles: Adventures in Time

There are no critic reviews yet for Biggles: Adventures in Time. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Biggles: Adventures in Time

I remember this movie was cheezy, even when I was a kid. The music is a bit misplaced throughout, but the stuntwork is really good.

Aaron Burman
Aaron Burman

A surprisingly good film apart from the obnoxious intrusion of a time-traveling American from the '80s, who has the most ridiculous time travel method since Rip Van Winkle fell asleep for twenty years. Unfortunately, the crew involved decided that this should be the main plot and the Biggles WW1 aerial adventure the subplot. So much of the only plot that does work feels like potted excerpts from the Biggles novels. It was actually better than I thought it would be, since the WW1 scenes are quite well done. However, there's no getting over the time-traveling plotsicle, and that means the film can never achieve its true potential.

Stuart McCunn
Stuart McCunn
½

Not helped by having a very silly and unheroic name (Biggles?!! Seriously!), not to mention a godawful 80's synthesised soundtrack - it's clear to see why this film has always remained unknown, and yet beneath all that is a rather ripping WWI, sc-fi yarn that ignores every time travel paradox, and comes up with some classic lines such as "Excuse me chaps, would you mind surrendering?". And it has Peter Cushing (complete with pet Raven) being great. A really rather fun romp, what ho and tally, that everyone should make time to watch, what.

Marcus Woolcott
Marcus Woolcott

Biggles: Adventures in Time Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Biggles: Adventures in Time on our Movie forum!

News & Features