Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure Reviews

½ August 9, 2016
Pair of slacker metalheads time travel in a phone booth to prepare for a history assignment in this quirky eighties comedy that ultimately became a cult classic.
½ July 25, 2016
This was hard to watch, but I stomached through it. Awkward to watch. I wonder why.......fuck Yey, I finally see Keanu Reeves smile. Silly movie. Very dated. Entertaining.
½ July 16, 2016
Funny as hell, it's quite amazing how excellent this movie is, with great humor, a silly plot and humorous perfomances from Reeves and Winter, "Bill & Ted" is a good time guaranteed, dude.
July 12, 2016
Very fun movie to watch with family but it reaks of the 1990s.
½ July 11, 2016
What's not to love? Winter and Reeves are such lovable and enjoyable characters, plus the whole absurdity with the 'historical figures' and the adventure they go on is so fun. Yeah, it's campy. So what? Who cares? Napoleon's hilarious, George Carlin's hilarious, Billy the Kid's hilarious, Socrates is hilarious, Captain Logan is such a great "enforcing father" character, I could go on and go. God fucking DAMN it, I love this movie!!!
½ May 28, 2016
TOTALLY EXCELLENT DUDES!
½ May 7, 2016
a slightly cooler after-school special
April 27, 2016
As far time travel movies go, Bill and Ted is about as flawed as they come where logic is concerned. On top of that, the acting is virtually non-existent, but B&T remains a great cult classic for it's sense of humor and surprising philosophical depth.
April 24, 2016
such a very good movie they need to make another I know they got two but most definitely look into it if they got the money to make another one they need to
½ April 21, 2016
"Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" is a totally righteous ode to 80's heavy metal and stupid humor. This cult classic does not contain a single serious moment so you need to be in a "Wayne's World"/"Billy Madison" mood before you watch. The plot is simple - these high school airheads need to get an A+ on their final history project or they will fail their senior year "most egregiously." Why do we care? Because the future of humankind hinges on them forming a band and using their "most excellent" guitar music to bring the universe into peaceful harmony. The road to success involves a time travelling phone booth that will allow them to collect historical figures and bring them back to their high school to help with their presentation. It sounds like the worst movie ever, but it absolutely works. The intentional overacting of Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter drives the story along at a fast pace. George Carlin ties it all together as the straight man that gives direction to the clueless duo. Highlights of the film include Napoleon eating ice cream, Napoleon at a bowling alley, Napoleon on waterslides, and a mall madness sequence where Billy the Kid, Socrates (pronounced "So-craytes"), Abraham Lincoln, Beethoven, and other historical figures create total chaos in modern times. The entire film is cleverly educational while manipulating the legacies of these characters to create comedy. My favorite moments occur when the main characters manipulate time to help themselves in the past, even though the script purposefully creates inexplicable time paradoxes just to mess with us. "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" is a relatively family-friendly comedy that has become iconic throughout the years and will have you continually laughing out loud as long as you are in the right mood!
½ April 9, 2016
Awesome dude! Back to the future times 2. Hilarious and totally entertaining!
½ April 6, 2016
4/3/2016: I love this movie! Sure, it's pretty cheesy, but it is very entertaining!
March 26, 2016
March 25, 2016

Oberholtzers Home

Nikki
Sarah
Steve
Michelle
March 26, 2016
Teenage 80s American rock style word terms 3 decades later have been overtaken by technology of the internet where music and television can be seen and heard anytime of the day, while compact discs and DVDs/ blu-ray discs are still available and whether or not they will continue is dependent on a class of people that are still on a tight budget, as not everyone is a business owner or has a decent-paid career. Just another snack junk food movie to pass time, even though the beginning of the movie had that 2001 Space Odyssey effect with that copper-like diamond-like tool-like rod thingy ;;
½ March 21, 2016
Really enjoyed this one must see
February 22, 2016
I forgot how jokes this movie is.
February 14, 2016
Rewatched this recently for fun, totally still works in every way. Goofball comedy, with the main characters charm apologizing for how campy everything is. Apology accepted. Good late 80s teenage-sci-fi adventure. They don't make them like this anymore. Good movie, good execution!
February 9, 2016
Bill & Ted is probably one of the most unapologetic films I've ever seen. In this movie they have things happen and expect you to accept them without explanation. The music of 2 clueless teenagers is going to make the entire universe great, don't ask why it just is! Pulling historic figures from their own times and bringing them to the present doesn't affect the way that history unfolds, they won't even address it as a potential problem. The point of this movie isn't to explain stuff with lots of expository dialogue, it's just to have fun. Because 25 years passed since I last saw it, I'm surprised how much fun I still had with Excellent Adventure. The characterizations of the historical figures is kind of silly, but it makes me laugh. The greatest is Napoleon at the water park which is a hilarious treat.

The other thing I love in this movie is how they play with time travel logic. I've always been a fan of time travel films, because I like seeing the way it is handled. The logic that my mind has to go through to comprehend the ripple effects of different events and the inherent paradoxes that could arise always leaves me puzzling it out after the film (which I love.) This movie takes the easy way out, but that just added to the humor for me. Basically they cheat everything by setting it up in this way: In order to get things that you desperately need done in time, just remember that when the events of the movie are over you need to go back in time to set yourself up. It's one of the most clever explanations I can imagine without actually explaining anything.

I do have one issue with this film that annoys me every time. The fact is, I don't really like Bill & Ted. They are just a pair of worthless slackers who are constantly granted an easy way out of their problems. It's not that I hate them, and can't even root for them to succeed. The problem is I lack the excitement that I get from other films when they give me a reason to care about the fate of these characters. Simply telling me they will make the future a Utopia isn't enough to make me excited about their last ditch effort to avoid failing high school because they learned nothing all year. I think we're supposed to care about them because Ted might end up in military school, and Bill's step-mom is his age, but it wasn't good enough backstory for me. Putting that aside, I do find this film extremely fun and with just enough sci-fi nonsense to keep me engaged. I'm not sure how it would play to a modern audience, though. It might just be a time capsule of late 80s culture.
February 9, 2016
This is easily my favorite movie. It has the most charming and silly protagonists, a great story, and best of all, an appearance by Abraham Lincoln. Great movie, I highly recommend you check it out.
½ January 23, 2016
Probably better when your high