Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure Reviews

½ January 9, 2016
Usually I find stupidity Annoying but I found this movie to be funny most of the time the idiot protagonist in movies is annoying and unlikeable bill and Ted were funny and an not obnoxious
½ December 31, 2015
Excellent! *Plays Air Guitar*

The first (and, IMO, weaker) of the two Bill and Ted movies, with Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves - pre Matrix - as Bill and Ted respectively; two air-headed students in danger of failing their history exam.

Luckily, help is on hand in the shape of a time-traveling phone booth (more than a few hints of a TARDIS here, although this one is not bigger on the inside) delivered by Rufus, who is from a future in which Bill and Ted are responsible for creating global peace and harmony - a future which will not come to be if they fail this exam.
December 23, 2015
Other then being ridiculous it was a good story.
December 18, 2015
I Find This So Entertaining Simply Because It Is Just SO DUMB! The Story Is Idiotic But If You Let Yourself Go With It's Stupidity It Is A Fantastic Adventure & Totally Bogus Dude! RIGHT ON!
December 16, 2015
Teen boy deals with a modern Oedipal complex. Merriment ensues.
December 7, 2015
This was a really good movie. It was setting up to be pretty comical, and, of course, was pretty comical. But In a good way. The acting couldn't have been better, and the characters couldn't have been more likable. I felt at sometimes that the movie would sort of forget about Bill and Ted, though. Other than that, there are really no other problems. With delivering some most excellent quotes and having a great cast, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is, well, an excellent adventure.
½ November 28, 2015
Other than presenting the archetypical dude, seeing this in 2015, BATEE doesn't hold up to the test of time well. Cliched and lazy. A lot of other 80's movies - such as Earth Girls Are Easy - are more memorable.
½ November 27, 2015
A classic comedy that I let my son watch for the first time. I still laugh at some of the lines and he got a kick out of it.
November 13, 2015
Not ever sure why this film was such a huge hit in the late 80's. It's not that it's a bad film as such, it kind of has an affable charm in fact but it's really not that funny. Perhaps people saying 'bodacious' was a big thing back then, I really can't remember.
November 10, 2015
it's a classic so many things that make this movie great but point is its a excellent adventure
November 8, 2015
A totally bodacious film! Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure features Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter as too absent-minded, rock-worshipping teens who need to pass their History assignment, else Ted gets sent to military school. The film is charming and absurd, but downright hilarious. The portrayals of different historical figures was done perfectly, and the idea, as ludicrous as it sounds, is unique, original and perfectly executed. A solid comedy film, one of the earlier films of Keanu's career, and a great addition to the plethora of raunchy, ludicrous and hilarious comedy films of the 1980's! Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is a time-travel movie that's worth your time and will leave you in stitches.
½ November 7, 2015
Hugely likable - and enjoyable - 80's romp with Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves' as the airheads assigned to travel through time to assemble a gallery of historical greats to help them pass History. Stephen Herek's sci-fi comedy is pure fun, free of any pretensions and purpose, and that's its charm and endearing quality.
½ October 7, 2015
Bill and Ted start off as two pretty annoying characters, but you quickly grow to enjoy the fun and charm of this movie. It's most excellent, dudes!
½ September 27, 2015
it was cool to watch Keanu Reeves' teenagehood. cute! LOL
½ August 17, 2015
Although it's funny, original, and charismatic, Bill and Ted's adventure was not as 'excellent' as it should've been.
August 14, 2015
Still so much nostalgic fun! I really hope they end up actually making part 3. bodacious.
August 14, 2015
The idea of two metal-head teenagers riding back in time and meeting great historical icons is a lot of fun and holds amazing comedic potential. It is a simple yet fun adventure, but it never takes off. As far as comedy goes, it is a little light on the laughs. The historical figures are probably the funniest, but they do not develop as characters. I wish they had a bigger part and influenced the plot more than they do. It becomes more about the boys ability to travel across time to dictate their near future, rather than amusing situations that arise from the time travel. Alex and Keanu Reeves are loveable idiots, and are probably why such a shallow movie works as well as it does.
July 20, 2015
Sometimes stupidity wins out and it definitely did here.
July 18, 2015
Usually, when I go back to movies from the 80s and 90s, they are nowhere near as good as I remember them to be, but this one held up most excellently. I actually think it puts on a deceptively stupid act that hides a certain sophistication in how it handles certain time travel cliches. One of the writer/directors is the son of a very famous author, and I suspect he might have had some expert help in putting this screenplay together, but even so, I think it is the chemistry and lovability of the lead actors that really makes it work.
July 17, 2015
A bodacious and most excellent adventure.