Bill Cunningham New York - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bill Cunningham New York Reviews

September 17, 2013
I didn't know what to expect, but I was blown away. A man who I never knew about, who's over 80 years old and head-over-heels in love with street fashion, is one of the most influential movers and shakers in New York. Not only that, but he's the most honest and humble man I've ever seen. Perhaps I enjoyed this film because I saw so many parallels to my own life - the complete love of the fabulous, the meager living, the eating out. I feel like I've been greatly educated about one of the greatest human beings who ever lived. I have nothing more to say. Watch this movie, become a better person.
½ August 13, 2013
Fascinating portrait of Bill Cunningham, a unique individual if there ever was one. Cunningham has been photograping fashion for decades and is still going strong in his 80s. He especially likes capturing street fashion, always looking for the individual and not caring at all about celebrity. He leads a singular life and is loved by all. This documentary is warm and giving, much like the man himself.
August 12, 2013
Not just for the fashion ppl. This guy is interesting.
August 5, 2013
inspiring and touching what a softie i am
August 2, 2013
This movie is great! It was fun to be introduced to Bill Cunningham, who is a great man and someone everyone should get to know through this film.
July 26, 2013
I was so inspired by the film about Bill Cunningham. A remarkable and eccentric New York street style photographer, now in his 80's who's worked for nothing since the 1950's to pursue his passion to create a narrative on life through the lens of everyday street fashion. Although his photography and commentaries have been routinely published in various press including the Evening Times spread in the New York Times he leads a sparse yet fulfilling and happy life. He lives in a tiny almost uninhabitable garret in Carnegie Hall without kitchen or bathroom, dresses each day in a utilitarian street sweepers blue coat and spends from morning till late at night pedaling his bicycle across New York capturing images. He is revered by the fashion movers and shakers and referred to as "the most important person in the world" due to the influence his social commentary has had on the industry. His focus is not on celebrities but on encapsulating real life because "Fashion remains no matter what social problems exist". When asked why he won't accept payment he responds "Being paid would take away my liberty and freedom to do as I please. Anyway, it's not work it's pleasure. He who seeks beauty will find it. I do not work I only know how to have fun each day." What an amazing individual...
July 11, 2013
I cannot express just how much I love this film. Not can I express just how badly I want to give him a huge hug.
July 5, 2013
Heartbreakingly gorgeous window into a truly genuine artist.
June 28, 2013
109 CINEMAS KAWASAKI, 2013/6/27
June 21, 2013
Fantastic documentary. Wonderful!
½ March 28, 2013
extremely interesting and refreshing to know people like this exist in the world.
March 28, 2013
very nice profile but not maximal documentation. but i like the last minute of this movie while bill gave explanation about his relationship with God. really touch me
March 21, 2013
The street point of view of fashion. Unique, dramatic, fun, and touching. You will never see fashion in the same way. This movie will change the way you think about fashion, and people.
March 13, 2013
I love this guy! Charming.
½ March 13, 2013
Strange and wonderful man.
March 7, 2013
Pure joy. Absolutely wonderful.
February 22, 2013
Another documentary of an individual who lives for his passion. For me the essence of the movie is when Mr Cunningham is interviewed on 'difficult' subject
½ February 18, 2013
One of the best subjects to ever document, and made me want to pay more attention to the jeans I put on before I go out.
February 18, 2013
Great Documentary.. if you love NYC it is worth a watch.
February 9, 2013
Bill Cunningham New York = awesome.