Bill Frisell, A Portrait Reviews

• Oct 12, 2017

I had heard the name Bill Frisell many times but had never bought his albums or any of the many collaborations he has done with many other artists in a wide range of styles. In this film, Bill Frisell's grin is infectious, and it draws you into his world of gentle guitar sounds that are really, out of this world. The other musicians interviewed say he can play "out" with the most "out" musicians, and then fit like a tailored glove into an indie/pop artist's music with harmony. He plays a lot of harmonics which I've always loved to hear on the electric guitar. And he has so many guitars! Yes, we get to see THE CLOSET! His wife is a painter just to complete the circle of creativity around this guy. Highly recommended for musicians and audience folk alike.