Bill W. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bill W. Reviews

December 18, 2012
Beautiful tribute to Bill W. So very human, he ignited a revolution of recovery that is unparalleled.
December 12, 2012
Great movie!! One of the best documentaries that I've ever seen.
October 21, 2012
Presents a much more nuanced look at "Bill W." and Alcoholics Anonymous than I would have expected. There's not enough time in an hour and a half or so to dig deep, but it certainly scoops below the surface regularly.
October 2, 2012
Never before have I been so moved by a film. It is beautifully shot and sequenced and possibly one of the most enjoyable documentaries I have ever seen. As a non-AA member, I was still completely captivated by the amazing story of Bill W.
October 1, 2012
What a great film. I've been in recovery since January 27, 2009....and it was Amazing to see how these men put this fantastic program together. Truly...a gift from God! The rare and original footage of Bill W. was very interesting and gave a new perspective of his real life.

LOVED IT! I will buy the DVD when it comes out.
October 1, 2012
AMAZING!!! Highly recommend, I learned a lot of new information
September 16, 2012
Moving for this recovering alcoholic, especially in the sacrifices he made for the program. And truthful about his foibles. No saint, but he died sober. Sort of an ordinary miracle.
August 26, 2012
Great documentary. Since I'm not a member of AA I learned a lot about Bill Wilson that I didn't know beforehand. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was grateful to attend a night in which the director Kevin Hanlon was there for Q&A.
½ August 6, 2012
A "sobering" look at a life of service and sacrifice - all I can see this man got out of life was a little fame - certainly not sex, money, or happiness.
½ August 4, 2012
Great movie, just saw it at the Roxie in San Francisco
½ July 27, 2012
this was quite interesting, contains a lot of footage and photo's of Bill and the people in his life that were close to him; it also contained information that i had not heard previously; and it covered the aspect of how difficult it was for Bill himself to be anonymous, and just be an AA member instead of to be so revered and looked up to by AA's members; it also covered the necessity and development of the traditions as well as the whole LSD situation which is explained in detail; if you are interested at all in this subject, I suggest you see this, it's a tad bit long, but I found the subject matter and the contents worth hanging in there for
July 12, 2012
Excellent Movie about Bill W the directors really did their homework and pulled the curtain back on things about Bill that the AA GSO and AA member s conveniently seems to forget or not talk about Bills real plight and his humanness Very well done a must see especially for Program people
June 15, 2012
I've been a friend of Bill's for more than 20 years.
½ June 8, 2012
A reminder that this type of documentary can wait to be seen on your TV or computer~no rush. Important film, nonetheless, on a most humble, troubled, and influential man. Who has not been touched directly, or indirectly, by AA? Or perhaps the tons of other support groups started based on the same methodology? I learned a lot about the person, who was also an incredible and gifted writer...little gems about life were shared onscreen.
June 3, 2012
I felt the film was well done and was impressed with all the video and photos of Bill W. and Dr. Bob! I was very pleased with the presentation.
June 3, 2012
Moving documentary on one of the most important Americans of the 20th century, an imperfect man who would be idolized (rightly) during much of his life for what he was able to accomplish in founding Alcoholics Anonymous. Everyone clapped at the end.
½ June 3, 2012
Well done doc that looks at the man right down the middle. Perhaps his profound effect on the world would be considered by most a "godsend". The argument that if it wasn't him it would have been someone else offers me cold comfort, and I don't find that believable.
½ May 19, 2012
Saw it. Best researched movie on Bill. Answers many of the rumors and questions that have gone around the Fellowships for years. Must See!
½ May 19, 2012
4.5 starsI would have given it a 5 for a little more "searching and fearless". Otherwise it was amazingly well done; and I won't deduct points for them not being alcoholics. Bravo for a sentimental, irresistible documentary about one of the most pivotal writers of the 21st century. Music is not-to-be missed.
May 18, 2012
Bill W got his fame from being the co-founder of an anonymous society. This has to be a great movie.