Billy Rose's Jumbo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Billy Rose's Jumbo Reviews

½ October 5, 2007
I love Doris Day and Elephants!
½ August 24, 2007
There was life in the old-style musical yet... but only just. Durante and Raye are loveably grizzled, and that's about it - and oen or two of the songs are good.
July 31, 2007
My favorite song is on this movie!
July 2, 2007
OMGOSH!!!!! this is the best old movie!!.well one of the best.,..it has the most BEAUTIFUL song it it...called "the most beautiful girl in the world"!!!
½ June 2, 2007
Doris Day and Jimmy Durante. What an odd combination
May 30, 2007
lovely orchestrations from Leo Arnaud and Conrad Salinger
May 13, 2007
Aww, I was raised on this film. LOVE Jimmy Durante!
½ February 9, 2007
There are plenty of catchy songs in this musical, which celebrates the art of circus. Doris Day seems a little old to still be playing the unmarried virgin - but she sings so well and is so good at playing the seething wronged woman that you can forgive her that. In spite of being 40 years old, the jokes are still funny - and some of the set pieces are still spectacular. The ending was a bit of a let down though - although I do love the song 'Sawdust and Spangles and Dreams'.
January 8, 2007
Really cute and any guy who sings to me that I'm the most beautiful girl in the world...... well.......
December 28, 2006
As good as this movie was, it was one of those that makes me mad. Right when things are getting good, something has to go wrong. But of course, everything works out in the end. And Jumbo was just adorable!
November 24, 2006
sooo funny as love it
May 29, 2005
MARTHA RAYE AND JIMMY DURANTE ARE THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS OVERBLOWN MUSICAL. IT'S NOT TOO BAD THOUGH, IT HAS ITS ENTERTAINING MOMENTS.