Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss Reviews

March 7, 2015
The title card says "A Tommy O'Haver trifle" and that's pretty much correct. There is nothing of consequence in the film, but he really knows how to put a film together and Sean Hayes, pre "Will & Grace", is a charmer. Extra points awarded for featuring Richard Ganoung, from "Parting Glances".
½ December 9, 2012
One of thousands of Hollywood's gay norms.
July 21, 2011
Fluff... but fun and well made. Nice homages to classic 1930's film (glorious black and white!), and a refreshing density in examining relationships beyond the physical - beyond promiscuous attraction - regardless of the gender of the couple involved. Just re-added it to the collection as a replacement for my stolen copy.
½ March 28, 2011
Great performance by Sean, it's a cute movie :)
January 10, 2011
There's nothing deep and meaningful about this movie, but Sean Hayes is adorable and that alone made this movie worth watching. If he had not been in it, I probably would have rated this more like two or three stars, but he was so likeable that it made the entire movie more enjoyable.
October 14, 2010
CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! This is a really quirky and charming movie, and Sean Hayes is just adorable in it.
October 14, 2010
Very light comedy but extremely enjoyable.....
½ June 17, 2010
Felt amateurish, self-conscious, and overwritten throughout.
April 17, 2010
Nice art direction and the actors try their best, but the writing is just unbearable.
January 28, 2010
I want to be in love! With Brad Rowe!!
October 1, 2009
This movie was pretty good. I liked Sean Hayes as Jack on Will and Grace, so, when people told me he had a movie out, I decided to give it a try, and I wasn't disapointed.

It's not the best movie, and the acting is just ok. But, I liked it because I could identify with the charactors, and it seemed like it was taken out of someones diary, and not just a holloywood made up romance flick.

Of course Sean hayes pretty much ruled the entire movie, as the only memorable actor. Well, Brad Rowe was also good, but, it didn't hurt that he was also a total hunk. The rest of the movie was just kind of fun.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie, is that half of them men were drunk a good portion of the time, and bringing out the pot, and making one of the guys a stoner, gives people the impression that all gays a drunk and high.
Which is true for some, but, not everyone.

It is a very mellow movie though. no action scenes, or high drama. Just like real life. That's what makes it different.
September 19, 2009
Before being widely known as the goofy and witty Jack from "Will & Grace," Sean Hayes unfolds his charming chrisma in this heart-delighted flick. The other leading man, Brad Rowe, who also starrs in "Shelter," gives great performance, too. This story centers on the friendship between two guys and the on-going infatuation. Surely lots of gay men would relate to the Sean Hayes's role, Billy, and this just makes it stand out from the booming of the queer cinemas in the late 90's.
August 25, 2009
As the film wears on, Billy starts taking his emotional tribulations a bit too seriously, and that has the odd effect of making the audience take him less seriously -- and see the movie as a bauble: mildly amusing but not substantial.
July 7, 2009
Sean Hayes does well outside his comfort zone of Jack in Will and Grace. Funny but thought provoking too.
March 21, 2009
I enjoyed this film very much, especially I loved the bed scene. It was quite realistic, wasn't it? My heart was beating fast, lol. Because I've watched "Shelter" first, I found Brad Rowe was quite young in this film. It was unexpected, but of course it's ten years ago. Anyway, even it is a low budget film but it is pretty good, I assume. All cast performed very well. I also liked the role of Meredith Scott Lynn. Her character was fit for this film. One thing I feel this is a ten-years-old film is polaroid.
½ March 16, 2009
Billy, a struggling young gay photographer (who likes Polaroids), tired of being the "other man", falls in love with Gabriel, a waiter and aspiring musician who is probably straight but possibly gay or at least curious. Billy tries to get Gabriel to model for his latest project, a series of remakes of famous Hollywood screen kisses, featuring male couples, while also trying to win his affections.
January 26, 2009
favorite movie everr
November 10, 2008
Trifling, almost forgettable pre-Will & Grace Sean Hayes delights in a romantic comedy of yearning and wish fulfillment.
September 27, 2008
a low budget comedy full of good feelings
September 4, 2008
Just bought this movie it's very cute.