Bionicle: The Legend Reborn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bionicle: The Legend Reborn Reviews

August 28, 2016
Michael Dorn's performance as Mata Nui and Cryoshell's music make this one hell of a great movie, continuing the original story of Bionicle shortly before its rushed but ultimately satisfying conclusion.
April 28, 2016
I loved this movie, first and foremost as a longtime Bionicle fan and a fun loving kid when I first watched it, but also looking back on it and rewatching it I can truly appreciate the depth of this film. the film's main character, Mata Nui, is basically a deposed god whose throne over his realm was stolen from him by a long present evil (if you paid any attention to the rest of the Bionicle story you would know this evil is his brother, Makuta) and he is hurled out of his universe that he ruled with his spirirt trapped inside the Mask of Life. Upon crashing on the planet Bara Magna, the mask forges a new body for Mata Nui out of material from the surrounding desert, he meets a small intelligent beetle that he lovingly names "Click", and upon coming into contact with the Mask of Life, Click's life force and body are used to forge Mata Nui a shieid to protect himself, which Click can transform into and back at will. Mata Nui meets the Agori villagers and their larger warrior counterparts the Glatorian, and befreinds some of them , mainly Gresh, Ackar, and Kiina. It is discovered that 2 of the planet's nomadic tribes who were previously at odds with not only the Agori and Glatorian, but also with each other, have joined forces to conquer the planet, so Mata Nui is forced to set aside his quest to return to his own world and rescue his people to help those in need, and he learns a few life lessons along the road, mainly the value of fighting for oneself rather than letting others od it for you, and he in turn teaches the Glatorian the importance of Unity and owkring together. A wonderful masterpiece of a film on its own, and a great addition to the Bionicele story.
November 2, 2015
This poor attempt to reboot the franchise is dull and boring, and is rightfully so the scapegoat for BIONICLE's downfall. Voice acting has greatly improved though,
June 8, 2015
Bionicle The Legend Reborn will be real fun for young children but unfortunately even it's smart animation can't bring the film together. (C+)
November 16, 2013
Though it packs quite a punch and introduces memorable characters, BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn is a memorable kids movie that rarely falls short.
October 16, 2013
I seen this since 2009 or before I have the DVD and it really good finally their been a bionicle movie since bionicle 3
August 7, 2013
"For some reason I really like this movie, even though it is pretty bad compared to the first three."
August 3, 2013
Why this movie has a 52% approval rating i will never know

The characters are dull uninteresting and lack any substance

The climactic "Battle" is anti-climactic

and all in all this feels like a step BACKWARDS from the other 3 movies
June 5, 2013
The best of the four Bionicle movies. You finally get to be in Mata Nui's foot steps.
½ May 12, 2013
The weakest of all the Bionicle films, bad voice acting. But hey it.s a straight to DVD movie, what could you expect.
½ May 6, 2013
The fight scenes, sound effects, are crap. Characters, setting, and plot are shoehorned in the worse way possible. It was around this time that I was getting bored of Bionicle as the space saga drew to a close. I didn't enjoy the rest of the main Bionicle story after the Mahri line-up, and this certaintly didn't help a damn bit explaining all the plot points the size of Mars. Yet, somehow, it's still not as bad as the second one.
½ November 30, 2012
This film has nothing that the other Bionicle films have. This film is cheesy,child-friendly and just a pain to watch. No effort was put into this and it can be seen that this film is just a cash in.
½ October 12, 2012
it's funny, although the first 50menites is boring., but i found it fun to watch.
September 11, 2012
I love this movie. As a huge fan of Bionicle this movie was almost heaven for me.

B+
September 3, 2012
A surprise comeback from Lego, this movie has a great plot and interesting characters, that develop as the film goes on, this movie also gives bionicle a more realistic feel when it comes to the setting, environments, and character designs. This movie also has a more startling underlying plot that reveals a lot about the main character, Mata-nui. Overall this movie is enjoyable for both veteran fans and new fans alike!
July 4, 2012
More like "the legend everybody already knows about and was only rediscovered." I can take development of bionics into the first Toa, but the ending has got to be the most disappointing aspect of this film because it fails to lead us into the Bionicle world we see in "Mask of Light."
April 15, 2012
Aside from the childish events that happen in this movie, it's extremely well-animated, the voices are 10 times better than that of the previous installments, and the fights kept me sustained. If anything, The Lgend Reborn is the second best in the series.
March 30, 2012
fun and fast paced. Good for fans and newbies to the lore
½ March 8, 2012
Disappointing sequel with no real relevance to the original trilogy.
½ October 13, 2011
Now were talking. Animation is SO much better and the voices are amazing