The Birds II: Land's End - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Birds II: Land's End Reviews

January 14, 2014
Not as bad as everyone seems to think it is, but the abrupt ending is disappointing.
½ February 8, 2013
Fine as a tv movie,but no one could follow the original Birds an win praise, as it can never be beaten, so all attempts will pale into insignificance
½ October 15, 2012
This will be brief. After doing some research on Hitchcock's classic 'The Birds,' I discovered there was a sequel an decided to give it a shot. Big mistake. The script was made for TV and it's pretty evident where we have a script that jumps all over the place in plot and doesn't even try to incorporate the birds in the mix until the very end. Instead we're given a plot involving a conflicted marriage, a wife who's considering cheating and a husband who's grieving his son's death for an hour and some. What was the point to all of that again? Seriously, you could have taken the birds out of the flick and it wouldn't have made any difference. Air this crud for the Lifetime network, not as a sequel to The Birds! When the birds do finally come in, it's handled in a snore-inducing and predictable manner. When they didn't try to carbon copy the original film they went the most ho-hum, see-through way they could possibly find. Rick Rosenthal disowned the movie and put the name Alan Smithee for a director's credit instead. You can tell his heart wasn't into this. There's no style here at all. Nothing. I can't think of any shot that stood out or any feeling I had during this watch (except for boredom). This guy has talent (Halloween 2 anyone?). He must have had some nasty bills to pay or something... Brad Johnson and Chelsea Field were actually okay performance wise, it was just the lousy stuff they had to work with. Tippi Hedren has a small cameo in here and doesn't even play her own character. What's the point of having her to begin with, then? Jan Rubes was actually affable here. But that voice... ehhh... James Naughton was supposed to be a despicable guy and I did, indeed, despise him. He worked, I guess. Add to this a lousy soundtrack and the stupidest character moves (The birds just attacked our kids while on vacation? Let's hang) and you get one rotten flick. This isn't even fun in a bad way. It's just bad. There are some decent actors and an amusing last act but it's hardly a reward. Watch the original. Forget this exists...
½ August 4, 2012
Unnecessary made-for-television sequel to Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 classic (Tippi Hedren also appears here but plays a different character) which fails to capture the same element of menace. The climactic bird attack sequence is well enough done and is the only redeeming feature.
November 13, 2011
Terrible, awful, repulsive... anyway, nothing good. A true Horrorshow (In the bad sense of the word). Rotten.
½ July 16, 2011
Terrible movie and a sequel should not have been made to Alfred Hitchcocks original film. Avoid this like the plague.
June 24, 2011
I think that I am going to pass on this one. There is no way that Hitchcock's brilliance will be brought to this sequel so it would be a waste of time to watch.
½ March 3, 2011
A horrible sequel that director Rick Rosenthol hated SO much that he used the generic name Alan Smithee instead of his own!!
½ June 17, 2010
As poopy as expected, but somehow a blast anyway.
½ February 24, 2010
Merupakan sekuel dari karya besar Alfred Hitchcock, dengan embel2 Land's End film ini langsung masuk Layar kaca mungkin karena tak percaya diri atau apalah. Yang pastinya seperti mengulang dari bagian pertama ceritanya masih sama yaitu menjadi liarnya kawanan burung sehingga menyerang bahkan membunuh penduduk setempat dan endingnya pun serupa yaitu tak dikemukakannya alasan mengapa burung2 tersebut menjadi liar dan ganas.........
½ September 26, 2009
For some crazy, fucked up reason, someone thought it would be a great idea to make a sequel to one of Alfred Hitchcock's most infamous and classic films. The Birds II: Land's End plays more like a remake, as a family of 4 (featuring B-movie actors Brad Johnson and Chelsea Field) move to the titular spot in an effort to get away from the main land and forget about the death of their son. The unlikable wife spends her time getting hit on and flirting with her new boss, while heroic dad stars to notice that something's not right with the particularly nasty birds at Land's End. Sure enough, there's an attack here and there, culminating into a wild and gory climax involving the entire town. There's plenty of blood and animal violence thrown around, but not much of an interesting story, which is pretty by the book. To be fair, this film isn't THAT bad, but it certainly would have fared better posing as another killer bird movie rather than a sequel to a classic. Director Rick Rosenthal also must've felt this way too, as he had his named completely removed from the credits and the popular getaway pseudonym Alan Smithee was installed. No luck though, Rick, us knowledgeable folks still know you made this ridiculously silly film. Actress Tippi Hedren (from the original) makes a pointless and wasted appearance in the film, but other than that, no connection between the two. For what its worth, this film is slightly entertaining in a dumb and silly way. I'll be surprised if this EVER makes it to DVD, so if you happen upon the film by chance (on VHS more than likely), you should watch it and judge it for yourself.
½ February 24, 2009
I can imagine that Alfred Hitchcock laughed all the way through this terrible "sequel" to his masterpiece. I sure did.
October 30, 2008
Not the best sequel I've ever seen but I still like it. There's just something about it. The acting's not the best, but I don't care.
July 17, 2008
saw the first one, so i wanna see this one
July 7, 2008
They kept saying their was no reported incedents of anything like this with birds ever happening...correct me if I am wrong but this is a sequal so why did they act like the first movie was never made? Because they had Tippi Hedren play a completely different character?