Birth Story: Ina May Gaskin and The Farm Midwives - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Birth Story: Ina May Gaskin and The Farm Midwives Reviews

January 24, 2016
Really inspiring movie! It demonstrates that natural birth and midwives have a long existing knowledge of women. It also really demonstrates that the exising precursion of medical doctors to use C-sections is not necessary
March 27, 2013
This is an important film for all women to see, if only to let them in on the secret that there are alternative ways to give birth. Lots of great archival footage and some insightful theories on spirituality and childbirth made this a total joy of a watch for me.
January 19, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Ina May Gaskin and the Farm Midwives. As an (Oregon) apprentice midwife myself, this is a treasured part of our history. I was glad to see the number of births in the film, both the straightforward baby-head-down ones and the one where a breech baby managed to successfully come out of a woman's vagina (something modern OBs aren't apt to do). This film does an excellent job of inviting the viewer onto the Farm and reassuring us that we can birth our babies.
January 17, 2013
Excellent doc on Ina May and the Farm!! Highly recommend!!