Bite Reviews

• Apr 14, 2020

I enjoyed this a lot. Kind of a female version of the fly.

I enjoyed this a lot. Kind of a female version of the fly.

• Jan 12, 2019

A body horror in the David Cronenberg mould, Bite has plenty of things that work in its favour, and to its disadvantage. The opening is the weakest part, with the acting setting a painfully low standard and the relationships between the characters being poorly established. Some people pop up in the movie with us having no idea who are they are, and many are inconsequential to the story. The effects are hit and miss but the makeup is fantastic. The dialogue is cheesy but the delivery is so B-Movie that it can be pretty funny on occasion. There's not a lot more I can say about it, since the film isn't very long and most of it is just dedicated to our heroine transforming into whatever monster the film needs her to be. I'll admit that the ending did surprise me, and it even seems to leave the door open for a follow-up. It's a decent flick, but it's so heavily indebted to The Fly that you might as well be watching that film instead.

• Nov 11, 2018

The body horror sub-genre has lost its way since the noughties and for the director, Chad Archibold, it was a brave move. The move paid off and for a low budget horror, you get what you are expecting. Casey and her friends head off to celebrate her bachelorette party in Costa Rica. Exploring the beautiful island, they decided to take a swim in a natural pool that a fellow traveler recommended. Whilst swimming, Casey got bitten by a bug underwater but did not think much about it as she was too busy having fun. The holiday blues start to kick in for Casey when she returns home. A mother in law from hell, an overbearing husband and a best friend who is ready to steal her husband becomes too much. However, whilst Casey is getting a bad case of cold feet over the impending wedding, she is yet to realize that she is slowly mutating into a vile gooey bound insect. With a sub-genre that has given us films such as Cabin Fever and its recent decline over the years, it is hard to feel enthusiastic especially with it being a low budget. Nevertheless, this film is a pleasant gross surprise. It took some time to get its feet off the ground, but when it did the clichà (C) aspects of body horror started to show. The change from a beautiful twenty-something female to a repulsive slimy insect is quite something. As endings go in indie horrors they are not all great and this was no exception, but the opening for a possible sequel could be a good watch.

• Apr 15, 2018

At its best, and it gets pretty good after a really rocky start, "Bite" is a clever gorefest with some creative twists and turns.

• Feb 17, 2018

dumb characters but gory.

dumb characters but gory.

• Jan 25, 2018

so i kept hearing that it was an amazing movie, people fainted in front of it, it was super disturbing, and well, it's crap. i mean The fly did better in the 80's what this movie does. it's nothing new, everything is super predictable, the gross factor is nowhere to be found unless seeing a crackhead puke tapioca is enough to bother you, waste of time!

• Oct 12, 2017

Absolutely disgusting, this movie is perfect for anyone who loves Gore, worth watching if your a horror fan & want to see a gory film, I advise that you haven’t eaten straight away as you might throw up

• May 06, 2017

2.5/5 Bite is kinda stupid. But I guess it is also kinda entertaining.

2.5/5 Bite is kinda stupid. But I guess it is also kinda entertaining.

• Jan 02, 2017

B Movie! The characters and dialogue are terrible. Towards the end it starts getting good simply because it's so ridiculous. However, the ending is not very satisfying and I had hoped there would have been some closure but there wasn't.

• Oct 04, 2016

Don't think too hard about the logic. In fact, don't think at all and perhaps you will be enchanted by the gross factor.