Reviews

• Mar 13, 2021

The movies entire budget was spent on Boba tea tapioca, certainly not acting lessons. Laughably bad.

• Feb 13, 2021

The good thing they got paid for making it, the bad thing is that I bothered to watch to the end, more fool me.

• Sep 30, 2020

"The Fly 2: The Bride of The Fly"

"The Fly 2: The Bride of The Fly"

• Aug 13, 2020

I was disappointed that it wasn't the gross out movie that reviews made it out to be. This was listed under "movies you won't be able to finish." That's definitely an overstatement. Putting that aside, the movie wasn't horrible. The acting could have used some help, but the set designers and makeup artists did a fantastic job. Although that bald cap towards the end needed some serious help! Not a film I would watch again, but it wasn't a waste of time to watch it once.

• Jul 26, 2020

Its like The Fly but it sucks

Its like The Fly but it sucks

• Jun 21, 2020

1986s The Fly, gone wild and got COVID19

1986s The Fly, gone wild and got COVID19

• Apr 14, 2020

I enjoyed this a lot. Kind of a female version of the fly.

I enjoyed this a lot. Kind of a female version of the fly.

• Jan 12, 2019

A body horror in the David Cronenberg mould, Bite has plenty of things that work in its favour, and to its disadvantage. The opening is the weakest part, with the acting setting a painfully low standard and the relationships between the characters being poorly established. Some people pop up in the movie with us having no idea who are they are, and many are inconsequential to the story. The effects are hit and miss but the makeup is fantastic. The dialogue is cheesy but the delivery is so B-Movie that it can be pretty funny on occasion. There's not a lot more I can say about it, since the film isn't very long and most of it is just dedicated to our heroine transforming into whatever monster the film needs her to be. I'll admit that the ending did surprise me, and it even seems to leave the door open for a follow-up. It's a decent flick, but it's so heavily indebted to The Fly that you might as well be watching that film instead.

• Nov 11, 2018

The body horror sub-genre has lost its way since the noughties and for the director, Chad Archibold, it was a brave move. The move paid off and for a low budget horror, you get what you are expecting. Casey and her friends head off to celebrate her bachelorette party in Costa Rica. Exploring the beautiful island, they decided to take a swim in a natural pool that a fellow traveler recommended. Whilst swimming, Casey got bitten by a bug underwater but did not think much about it as she was too busy having fun. The holiday blues start to kick in for Casey when she returns home. A mother in law from hell, an overbearing husband and a best friend who is ready to steal her husband becomes too much. However, whilst Casey is getting a bad case of cold feet over the impending wedding, she is yet to realize that she is slowly mutating into a vile gooey bound insect. With a sub-genre that has given us films such as Cabin Fever and its recent decline over the years, it is hard to feel enthusiastic especially with it being a low budget. Nevertheless, this film is a pleasant gross surprise. It took some time to get its feet off the ground, but when it did the clichà (C) aspects of body horror started to show. The change from a beautiful twenty-something female to a repulsive slimy insect is quite something. As endings go in indie horrors they are not all great and this was no exception, but the opening for a possible sequel could be a good watch.

• Apr 15, 2018

At its best, and it gets pretty good after a really rocky start, "Bite" is a clever gorefest with some creative twists and turns.