Black Kiss - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Black Kiss Reviews

WrenchLT
November 17, 2011
A fustratingly slow and talkative killer thriller from Japan. The film has a really effective and grimey atmosphere that sets a good moody backdrop to the mysterious plot and there's some nice creepy touches along the way too. The problem is the film could have done with being 30 minutes shorter as it's a bit too long and not very well paced at all. Not as gory as I was expecting either with the majority of the kills off-screen but it delivers the odd grisly moment. It's an ok film overall but I feel this is a missed opportunity as the plot is a bit different from the norm and had it been handled a bit more energetically it could made for more enjoyable movie.
March 28, 2011
Suspenseful thriller with a sadistic serial killer on the loose. It did leave a few plot holes, but all in all it was quite entertaining. Although you're never sure if it's supposed to be a supernatural thriller or not. Despite the incredibly hot models, in true Japanese fashion, this movie is not for the squeamish! And if "Ju-on" creeped you out, beware of when the killer is revealed to Asuka! I had a Grudge flashback and pulled that blanket even tighter over me! lol
½ May 7, 2010
A female serial killer chopping up bodies & artistically arranging the parts, the mysterious numbers 9 & 69, lesbian models, voodoo, twins, a zombie dressed up like Catwoman & some mutilation scenes clearly ripped-off from AUDITION. You decide...
December 20, 2009
Intriguing horror thriller of a serial killer on the loose in Tokyo with a female model witnessing one of the murders. Plenty of red herrings and twists as we try and find out who the killer is. What started out as a good movie gets ruined by the final part and the poor ending. Black Kiss is OK I suppose but nothing special.
November 15, 2009
½ February 15, 2009
apart from the fact that the lead actress really reminded me of Debbie Gibson and the film itself didn't seem to know whether it wanted to be an artsy Flamenco film or a catwalk film or a photographer film or.... it was a cop thriller about a really freaked out murderer. I wasn't too keen on it at all, but then I had nothing better to do so I carried on watching it and though it wasn't totally shit style-less waste of time, the ending was a major let-down. Remember, this is ninety minutes you'll never get back. Make your choice.
October 16, 2008
½ July 23, 2008
Starts off as a rather stylish homage to the Italian giallo - complete with the said genre's archetypes of a black gloved killer, the sexual objectification of fashion models, and voyeurs demonstrating the theme of... well, voyeurism - but then the film sadlyt turns into a by-the-numbers Hollywood thriller with nonsensical and ludicrous plot twists that makes the film lose all credibility that it had in the beginning... What a shame as the beginning showed such promise... Now I can't even recommend it except for the most die hard of fans of thrillers and gialli alike.... all others should simply skip it.