Black and Blue Reviews

• Jul 08, 2013

good movie that is quite intense. mary stuart masterson shines in what is a rough movie to watch due to its subject matter and i am guessing a rough part to play.

• Todd S Super Reviewer
    Aug 19, 2010

Based on a novel by acclaimed writer, Anna Quindlen, Black & Blue is the story of a woman who risks everything to get her family away from her abusive husband. There's a problem though, he husband is a New York City Detective, who will stop at nothing to find them. This was originally a made for TV film, but unlike most, the producers didn't tone it down for the small screen. This movie is a terrific example of what it's like to suffer from the horrors of domestic abuse. Mary Stuart Masterson is nothing short of brilliant, in a role that should have made her career. I'd go as far to say that it is the single best performance I've ever seen in a made for TV movie. Young Will Rothhaar was also great, leading to bigger and better roles in the future. This film was more than just entertaining, but important for every person in a similar situation to see and learn from.

• Dec 06, 2009

A good lifetime movie

A good lifetime movie

• Aug 11, 2009

You can run. but you can't hide. At least not when you're a wife on run with her young son desperate to escape her abusive husband who just happens to be a police detective.

• May 31, 2009

The book was MUCH better, but the movie wasn't horrible.

The book was MUCH better, but the movie wasn't horrible.

• Aug 29, 2008

Wow, I didn't know someone would go that far to find their son, KNOWING that they were a HORRIBLE influence on them. Great great great great GREAT ending!

• Apr 22, 2008

Craziness. Lifetime movies are always twisted and dramatic.

Craziness. Lifetime movies are always twisted and dramatic.

• Mar 01, 2008

I only picked this up because I'd read the book on which it was based. It was fairly true to the story, but that didn't make it any good. It is clearly a made-for-TV movie, predictable and painful to watch (in more ways than one).

• Jan 26, 2008

in collection..not seen

in collection..not seen

• Jul 12, 2007

I love this movie. It's a mother's daring attempt to save not only her life, but her son's life. Sometimes, in life, you have to lose to gain so much more.