Crna macka, beli macor (Black Cat, White Cat) Reviews

• Sep 10, 2019

I love that the surrealism brings the reality to life. Behind all the crazy stuff happening with the cocaine and the guns and the midgets there is the gypsy culture and some pure love stories.

• Dec 25, 2018

Black Cat, White Cat has its moments as some scenes are quite memorable, but otherwise it's a mess. Although well shot and well scored per usual for a Kusturica movie, it features all of his worst tendencies - ridiculous, implausible plot points, annoying humor, underdeveloped characters and a lack of any point, themes or message to it whatsoever. He literally here copied the worst of Fellini's works.

• Sep 12, 2018

Incredible, hilarious and bizarre!! A must watch.

Incredible, hilarious and bizarre!! A must watch.

• May 14, 2018

A true jewel - art movie and a comedy-rarely successful combo.

A true jewel - art movie and a comedy-rarely successful combo.

• Mar 19, 2017

This movie is really funny if you can watch a movie that doesn't speak English. Yeah the only way you can understand this movie without subtitles unless you can speak the language.

• Sep 20, 2016

I've had this film laying around for nearly ten years I think. Never picked it until now, still with great expectations. This is a very fresh film. As the small time hustlers, their families and connections get's into trouble with more successful gangsters things get into a real farce. Poverty and the constant search for cash is important here. So is the value of family and love. There is comedy involved everywhere, among the characters and their choices especially. The gypsy setting makes it even more interesting - all that music everywhere, it felt like "Gogol Bordello" was in my living room. It's lovely shot and it got a very original and fresh look. Very inventing and full of fresh ideas. Still, this was not as good as I was hoping for. Firstly it was way too long. It felt dragged out, since it's plotwise pretty slowly moving. Secondly it was rearly really funny and for the third matter it was a bit safe - it was never dearing enough like a movie like this shold be. A good film, a very memorable one and I'm glad I saw it. I wanted a whole lot more though. 6.5 out of 10 sun flower fields.

• Apr 21, 2016

Very funny, but also dense and artfully staged in its slapstick. Branka Katic has an impressive command of her body for maximum comedy.

• Jan 12, 2015

Life's a joke. What a delightful and energetic cinematic experience!

Life's a joke. What a delightful and energetic cinematic experience!

• May 31, 2014

Eccentric, Dark, Insanely Funny.

Eccentric, Dark, Insanely Funny.

• Feb 13, 2014

Wonderful, funny movie. Seen it a bunch of times, and given it as a gift to many friends.