Black Dawn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Black Dawn Reviews

½ September 19, 2010
Even for a Seagal film, this blew.
½ July 27, 2010
OK for a later Seagal movie. Mediocre movie.
½ June 27, 2010
Very poorly acted, written, filmed, and terrible CGI. But that's why I love Seagal.
March 24, 2010
this isnt to bad! segal has become heavy though, maybe he thought he needed more thrust or stability in his moves ... :p very good stunt scenes, only its rather noticeble that a stuntman is used (see the image of the trailer here) the story isnt bad, but its jabbering arround the same deal. Segal still is eligable for martial arts but face it, hes getting old. acting snt bad, slight mistakes here and there but certainly ok!
½ February 4, 2010
oh this movie was good
½ January 13, 2010
So when the movie came on, I wasn't really expecting anything, and that's exactly what I got. It was just one of those new millennium Segal films, and it was horrible. "Black Dawn" was a mess.

So the plot is just like every other movie that you see Steven in these days. He's like an ex CIA agent and he has to like save the country or something. The plot is seen 1,000 times, and it's really boring to watch. If they had a little creativity here, maybe I would be more interested, but they don't. I feel like I've seen this movie before.

One thing that really bugged me about this movie was the film editing. I mean, what the hell was going on here? There were cross dissolves and fade to black, in all of the wrong places, and I felt like it was a film that I had made on Adobe Premier, and not an actual movie.

The acting in this film is obviously terrible. Steven Seagal, along with the list of actors that we don't know, all have horrible line delivery, and it's obvious that everything is VERY amateur. There really was no surprise there.

One thing that I actually liked in this film was some of the cinematography. I thought that certain shootout scenes were filmed quite well, and it kept the movie moderately entertaining. But I felt that this was the only good aspect of the film, as everything else was just simply terrible.

"Black Dawn" has certainly been done before. It's a completely recycled plot, and it shows. Nothing good here, and an all around horrible film.
½ December 23, 2009

½ November 14, 2009
the nuclear bomb tossed into the pacific ocean makes it all worthwhile
November 6, 2009
It's no much to ask for a decent Seagal's action movie??
September 13, 2009
bad bad bad..i often think that why this man is making movies..and why the other associates are not doing something..such as egnore him..WHY GOD WHY...??!!!!
July 28, 2009
I wonder if The Blob's character actually speaks using his own voice in this one...
July 20, 2009
II <333 STEVEN SEAGAL
½ July 15, 2009
See the review for The Foreigner.
½ June 16, 2009
nee...Seagal nenĂ­ herec..:)
½ June 8, 2009
ho hum! steven keeps trying!
May 17, 2009
Loved the action and arm and leg breaking!!!
½ April 7, 2009
pretty much disasterous!¬¬¬¬
March 14, 2009
Too much QQ not enough Pew Pew! Hardly any actual seagal fighting made me sad. The terrible sfx and horribly disguised stuntman made me happy. However the former outweighed the latter =(
March 10, 2009
Would he ever really play a bad guy?
March 9, 2009
Really great movie to watch