Black Death Reviews

• Jun 26, 2019

really enjoyed this film

really enjoyed this film

• Jun 20, 2019

A brutal and grim medieval drama. Not a great movie with issues in the story narrative, but I was entertained enough to stay with it.

• May 12, 2019

Best film made about the Back Death. Not amazing but good, intelligent film

Best film made about the Back Death. Not amazing but good, intelligent film

• Sep 04, 2018

A brilliant, bleak examination of religion and paganism during the plague.

A brilliant, bleak examination of religion and paganism during the plague.

• Sep 04, 2018

Not a horror but still a fun and entertaining plot that really picks up during the climax. Plus its got great actors who really play their roles well. And its got a good ending.

• Aug 04, 2018

It's young Melissandre vs Ned Stark, but with even less production money, if that's possible. Acting is superb, everyone is british, so that's to be expected. But the lack of budget and substance made it boring AF

• Jul 25, 2018

This British/German medieval flick deserves a little more recognition for what it is. It's a very gritty and raw film, and it was good at showing us the harsh and disgusting era of the medieval bubonic Plague, as well as the hypocrisy of religion. The acting is good, Sean Bean gives a memorable lead performance, there's a good amount of bloodshed and it also gives you a sense of paranoia and that something is not right. Mixing adventure, action and horror, I enjoyed this movie. Good film and recommended !!

• Apr 03, 2018

It had its good parts. The acting was kind of bad, but it did keep me entertained. Don't go into this movie expecting too much. I also feel that It could have maybe been fleshed out more.

• Mar 04, 2018

An intriguing historical horror movie enlivened by its star cast and clever ideas.

• Feb 15, 2018

Much better than I thought it would be. Slow at first and didn't grab my attention right away, but it steadily improved, finishing with a chilling, surprising ending.