Black Horizon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Black Horizon Reviews

½ August 30, 2016
My God this film is terrible. Bad acting, worse storyline, and clearly written by a moron who couldn't be bothered to do ANY research on what he was writing about - the shuttle launch sequence in particular is spectacularly wrong in almost every respect. And the rest of the "science", well I'd swear it was made up by a five year old!

Do yourself a favour and avoid this garbage. Incidentally it was only called "Black Horizon" in North America, the rest of the world got it as "Stranded".
½ December 24, 2013
had a tough time finding this one was it worth it? sadly no
November 9, 2013
This movie is also known as "Stranded."

Americans and Russians are stranded aboard a damaged space station. A rescue crew is sent from earth, including Carpenter (Michael Dudikoff) and Jack McKendrick (Hannes Jaenicke). When attempting to return to earth, the astronauts find that the reentry codes have been changed. While the astronauts are helpless and stranded, Jeffries (Ice-T) pursues a Russian man who knows the new codes.

also stars Yvette Nipar, Richard Gabai, Kathy Harren and Alex Veadov.

directed by Fred Olen Ray.
October 27, 2012
Pretty good film with lots of familiar faces (including Michael Dudikoff) about a NASA rescue of stranded astronauts on a space station. Better than a lot of higher budget space films.
March 29, 2010
A movie that introduces the US Airforce's latest secret weapon - the shape-shifting jet fighter. Starts off as an F-16 on the tarmac, turns into an F4 as it takes off then, miraculously, it's an F-14 in the air. All within 3 shots! This surely was written by a 14 year old boy using recycled techno-babble jargon and is a text book example of how NOT to do exposition - every single character gives their resume and plot updates in awful monologues that had me bleeding from the ears. I hung in there for 45 minutes before the blood loss became too great and i had to hit eject.
½ February 9, 2010
NASA rescue mission to Russian space station with all-star cast featuring Dudikoff, Ice T and Andrew Stevens. Apollo 13 may have earned more Oscars but this has more rewatchability, improves with each viewing.
February 13, 2009
It has some good moments but doesn't live up to movies like it.
January 28, 2009
I am a big Dudikoff fan and this is probably his best acting he has ever done (though that isn't saying much, but I still love the guy). THe problem with this movie doesn't lay in the below par acting rather the all over the place plot and rather lame build up and charectar development or lack thereof. Sorry it could have been much better with more storyline about the charectars (I didn't care about any of them) and a better director.
November 1, 2008
June 25, 2007
Not bad and Michael Dudikoff is always great!
May 29, 2007
cheap, boring, and excruciatingly bad.
CloudIsAMonkey
January 26, 2007
That's what happens when the sun goes down...
January 22, 2007
kool as i might wanna see lol of course i wanna see it
½ June 26, 2006
aka Stranded. It's a fairly good sci-fi action. Not that memorable, but if you like sci-fi you'll enjoy it. Ice-T makes a pretty good performance.
June 17, 2006
no synopsis available, but the cover seems like I'll eventually see it.